PROPERTY PORTFOLIO ASSISTANT
Job ID: 2861
Location: VICTORIA, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
PROPERTY PORTFOLIO ASSISTANT
Under general supervision, the Property Portfolio Assistant reports to a Property Portfolio Manager in the Regional Office which is responsible for all business conducted regarding tenants and housing stock within the Regional boundaries. The duties of the Property Portfolio Assistant include the initial set-up of tenant records with accurately documented rents, subsidies, services and the ongoing maintenance of the files using established protocols and BC Housing’s systems and databases. Working collaboratively in a team setting the Property Portfolio Assistant provides direct support to tenants and Property Portfolio Managers (PPMs) regarding all associated programs, products and services including rent calculations, annual reviews, the scheduling and maintenance processes of housing stock and other services. While reviewing and monitoring tenant and housing records, the Property Portfolio Assistant analyzes and interprets information to ensure accuracy and initiates corrective action when necessary. As required the Property Portfolio Assistant will complete the tenancy interview and sign-up in the absence or in conjunction with the Property Portfolio Manager. Property Portfolio Assistants perform both the major and support responsibilities outlined below.
The Property Portfolio Assistant is required to work on site as well as in an office environment.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- High school graduation plus completion of a number of post-secondary courses in a relevant field such as business or program administration
- Minimum three years related progressively more responsible experience in a comparable environment
- Experience in management of residential properties, an asset
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of software systems:
- Proficiency with Word 2007 with higher intermediate to advanced functions
- Good knowledge of Outlook 2007
- Experience with using spreadsheets, especially Excel 2007
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Excellent knowledge of office systems and operating procedures and systems
- Keyboarding skills – 50 wpm
- Excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to work in a fast paced and frequently changing environment
- Ability to investigate and solve problems creatively and within established regulations
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Proven ability to organize multiple responsibilities simultaneously while ensuring accuracy and timely completion of each
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and understand financial documents received from tenants
- Ability to exercise good judgement
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning computer applications quickly
- Demonstrated ability to organize work and priorities and to maintain multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Non-Profit Societies
- Familiarity with applicable legislation (Residential Tenancy Act, etc)
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.