Job ID: 2850
Location: Burnaby, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
The Executive Assistant is responsible for managing the efficient administration of the office of the Executive Director (ED) for the Real Estate Services & Portfolio Renewal Department. The position overseas the flow of information within the department, prepares correspondence for the ED, manages calendars, and prepares reports and presentations. The position provides information, carries out research on projects on behalf of the ED and resolves issues on behalf of the ED, prepares submissions, tracks financial commitments, coordinates department events, and oversees the purchase of goods and service required by the department. The EA acts as administrative liaison with other branches and external contacts.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- College diploma in commerce or business administration or an equivalent amount of education and experience.
- Considerable experience in managing the administrative aspects of the office of a senior executive, preferably for a public sector organization operating within a fast paced, complex environment.
- Courses and/or work experience in the housing and/or real estate development and/or construction industry preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of the principles and practices of managing the administrative activities for the office of a senior level Director.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the Branch’s policies, programs and operating requirements and of provincial government contractual management policies and procedures.
- Good understanding of the management, business and administrative practices of property management, project development processes and/or support service projects and operations.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, diplomacy and tact in dealing with confidential matters.
- Ability to foster strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple issues and projects, co-ordinate work with others, keep senior management apprised of major issues and adapt to changing priorities.
- Effective conflict resolution, consensus building and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, analytical, problem solving, time management and expediting skills.
- Good understanding of IT systems and excellent computer skills, including a high level of technical proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Project.
- Ability to develop solutions and recommendations using sound judgment and political awareness
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, research and assess issues
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.