Customer Service Representative
Reporting to the Administration Manager, the Customer Service Representative provides professional level customer service in responding to phone calls, emails and in-person requests; explains the Homeowner Protection Act and related regulations; and provides information regarding departmental policies and processes. In addition, the incumbent performs administrative and clerical functions to support Licensing & Consumer Services (formerly HPO) operations.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- High school graduation
- Completion of a comprehensive post-secondary course in office or business administration from a recognized educational institution
- A minimum of two years related office experience in a highly computerized environment
- Experience working with the public
- Experience providing basic bookkeeping or accounting functions
- Experience working with a variety of software programs
- Data Entry experience;
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good understanding of the legislation, processes and procedures associated with licensing, license and renewal applications, amendments to licenses, new home registrations, owner builder authorizations, requests to sell, and reviews and appeals
- Good working knowledge of computer applications including MS Word and Outlook and ability to manoeuvre between applications with ease; ability to use the internet to locate relevant information/data
- Good knowledge of government Records Classification System
- Ability to apply legislation, regulations and other information sources for the purpose of assessing and explaining eligibility.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with solid command of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills, with the ability to demonstrate patience and tolerance and exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with upset, angry or abusive clients with diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality protocols.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities without compromising the quality of work.
- Ability to work independently, and also work co-operatively in a team environment.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.