Reporting to the Associate Director (Academic Initiatives), the Administrative Assistant provides senior administrative support for the Teaching and Learning portfolio and the Special Advisor (Marketing and Special Projects) to the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic). The incumbent performs administrative duties, back-up support for the Teaching and Learning Coordinator and carries out specific financial administration duties in support of the activities of the Provost’s Office. This position requires the incumbent to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, tact and discretion and must function with an exceptional level of professionalism, judgment and attention to detail.
- Provides administrative support to the Vice-Provost (Teaching and Learning), and the Special Advisor (Marketing and Special Projects) to the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic). This includes managing calendars, and coordinating the schedules, information and travel arrangements to accommodate various commitments of the Vice-Provost and Special Advisor.
- Provides administrative support to the Associate Director (Academic Initiatives) and back-up support for the Teaching and Learning Coordinator.
- Coordinates standing and ad hoc committees and working groups chaired by the Vice-Provost (Teaching and Learning), Deputy Provost and other senior leaders in the Provost’s Office, including Senate committees and sub-committees, providing support and coordination including: compiling and circulating agendas, writing minutes, briefing notes, presentations and reports.
- Drafts correspondence, prepares documents for signature and liaises with other senior offices on behalf of the Vice-Provost and Special Advisor, responding to routine enquiries and collecting information and materials on their behalf.
- Performs routine financial transactions and basic account reconciliation, as well as processing payments, collecting and organizing information for future reference. Works with Financial Services and other units across campus to help resolve discrepancies. Supports budget preparation as required and under direction, including preparing financial summaries and verifying budget information.
- As a member of the Provost’s office team, provides general administrative and back-up support for the activities of the office including website maintenance, timekeeping, triaging general email accounts, ordering supplies and reception.
- Acknowledge, appreciate and adapt to diverse identities and experiences. Work effectively with persons of all races, nationalities, cultures, ages, and genders as well as persons of different sexual orientations and those with disabilities, such that their own and others' contributions are maximized. Support fair treatment and opportunity for all. Demonstrate commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Undertake other duties and special projects as required.
- Three-year post-secondary program, combined with several years of related experience in a senior administrative environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; web browsers) and willingness to learn new applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of university organizational structure, policies, and procedures would be considered an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent calendaring, organizational and time management skills with the ability to take initiative and establish priorities.
- Analytical skills and the ability to understand and organize financial and numerical information.
- Excellent customer service orientation, sensitive to client issues and understanding of importance of diplomacy and confidentiality; respond to matters professionally with tact and discretion when dealing with administration, academic units, faculty, staff and students.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills, including cultural competency to deal with a wide variety of individuals and to provide clear and accurate information.
- Ability to multitask in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to participate in relevant training and development as necessary for carrying out duties and responsibilities.
- Make daily operational decisions relevant to the position on behalf of the Vice-Provost and Special Advisor, judging when to refer matters to others.
- Make decisions regarding management of senior administrators’ calendars, including the urgency of a request, rescheduling appointments as needed.
- Set priorities to ensure deadlines are met and goals achieved.
- Make recommendations regarding office administrative procedures and processes.
- Determine most appropriate information to be included in draft correspondence, agendas, and meeting minutes to ensure key points are addressed.
- Determine when to follow-up and/or notify individuals to ensure information is submitted and distributed according to established timelines.
More search results
University of Toronto - Scarborough
Executive Assistant / Adjoint ou adjointe de dire…
Destination Canada - 349294
Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba
Chief Executive Officer
The Legal Services Board of Nunavut
Director, Employment Strategies
United Way of Greater Toronto