The Senior Web Editor works with the Manager, Digital Strategy & Communications to oversee BC Housing’s various websites. The position plans and carries out online communication strategies to support the development and implementation of new online services.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or advanced diploma in communications, marketing, public relations, digital communications or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum four years progressive experience in website management, preferably in a large complex public sector organization, including experience in developing digital and content strategies, maintaining large complex websites, and creating content for online audiences. Experience in working with Content Management Systems, Adobe PhotoShop, and using UX to optimize online services. Experience with usability assessments and service delivery websites.
A suitable combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of current social media platforms, web editing tools and software (including Adobe software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat), and MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with content strategy and best practices in UX
- Sound knowledge and proficiency in Content Management Systems and website analytics programs
- Knowledge of copyright, privacy, and website
- Knowledge of strategic communications planning, content development and strategy
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices in web governance, digital standards, and Search Engine Optimization
- Ability to develop creative digital strategies that support the business objectives of the organization
- Ability to create multi-media packages within an online content-management system.
- Strong creative, writing and editing abilities, including ability to communicate with various online audiences using best practices and plain language
- A high degree of judgement, discretion and decision-making ability
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve and mediate complex situations
- Strong ability to build relationships and educate various stakeholders on web standards, best practices, and governance
- Ability to work with developers, content specialists, UX designers, QA, and other cross functional groups to implement web features
- Ability to work quickly and manage a number of projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Ability to adapt to changes in the online publishing environment
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies; ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with openness, collaboration and the ability to work in a group setting.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, detail oriented and the ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures, with scrupulous attention to details
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
More search results
University of Toronto - Scarborough
Executive Assistant / Adjoint ou adjointe de dire…
Destination Canada - 349294
Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba
Chief Executive Officer
The Legal Services Board of Nunavut
Director, Employment Strategies
United Way of Greater Toronto