Mortgage Administrators are responsible for the mortgage portfolio of the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) devolved projects, including the non-profit projects and projects under the Rural Native Homeownership (RNH) program. The work involves the delivery of mortgage administration functions, including obtaining property tax payment and operating insurance confirmation from the non-profit societies; coordinating with the societies, CMHC, All Nations Trust Company (ANTCO), Aboriginal Housing Management Association (AHMA) on mortgage renewals, maturity, early prepayment and discharges; processing property tax payment; reconciliation of Schedule K payments and receipts; preparing mortgage security packages, providing mortgage and trust confirmation for auditing purposes; and communicating and exchanging information with internal departments and external stakeholders. The incumbents also provide administrative and financial assistance for the department on an as required basis.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Substantial completion of a college diploma in financial and/or business administration.
- Formal training in MS Word and Excel. Training in a project management / project administration tool an asset.
- Courses relating to construction mortgage financing, contract law, real estate law and business communication an asset
- Four years experience in a lending environment.
- A suitable combination of experience, training and education acceptable to the employer may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- In-depth practical knowledge of mortgage administration procedures and processes
- In- depth knowledge of lending documents
- Excellent attention to detail and proficiency with figures
- Strong analytical, investigative and problem solving abilities
- Strong project administration/tracking skills
- Well developed verbal communication and writing skills
- Ability to handle large volumes of work with the requirement to meet multiple tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure and to plan ahead for critical dates
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in various software such as : Word, Excel; BC OnLine
- Accurate data entry ability
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
More search results
University of Toronto - Scarborough
Executive Assistant / Adjoint ou adjointe de dire…
Destination Canada - 349294
Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba
Chief Executive Officer
The Legal Services Board of Nunavut
Director, Employment Strategies
United Way of Greater Toronto