Data Entry Clerk – Education Department
Indspire is an Indigenous-led national registered charity that invests in the education of Indigenous people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada. With the support of its funding partners, Indspire disburses financial awards, delivers programs, and shares resources with the goal of closing the gap in Indigenous education. Through Indspire’s K-12 Institute, it provides resources to educators, communities, and other stakeholders who are committed to improving kindergarten to grade 12 successes for Indigenous youth. In 2017- 2018, Indspire awarded $14.2 million through almost 4,000 bursaries and scholarships to Indigenous youth, making it the largest funder of Indigenous post-secondary education outside the federal government. Each year, the organization presents the Indspire Awards, a celebration of the successes achieved by Indigenous people that is broadcast nationally.
Never has there been a better time to join this national leader. In the position of Data Entry Clerk, reporting to the Director, K-12 Institute, you will support all activities related to mentoring program applicants; including maintaining the database, and providing support to applicants throughout the application process.
The position responsibilities of the Data Entry Clerk include:
- Process mentoring applications; assess eligibility, sort and categorize into program, and assess for completeness according to criteria;
- Schedule intake calls with applicants;
- Respond daily to telephone and email inquiries from applicants, and mentors;
- Ensure each application is complete according to application criteria;
- Enter applicant data in the database and maintain up to date information on applicants (mentees) and mentors;
- Prepare spreadsheets of mentors and mentees;
- Notify eligible applicants by email on the status of their application;
- Communicate results of application to unsuccessful applicants;
- Track, review and file all incoming documentation daily;
- Keep ongoing communication with mentors and mentees, to ensure correct documentation is submitted;
- Help process payments and prepare follow-up thank-you letters to students for their participation and to encourage their continued contact;
- Provide support in the preparation of letters and spreadsheets for government, private and corporate mentors.
- Completion of high school and post-secondary education, or equivalent experience
- Progressive experience with a minimum 1 and up to 2 years’ in a similar environment
- Knowledge of and experience in Indigenous communities preferred
- Effective customer service skills and ability to interact with a variety of people
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work in a high-volume processing environment
- Ability to work under pressure, manage and prioritize competing demands
- Ability to work independently and work well with a team
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and at times work with difficult people.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel in particular), database systems
- Knowledge of Donor Pro, customer relationship software or data base software is an asset
- Demonstrates good organizational skills with ability to multitask
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of office equipment, systems and procedures
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekends
- Ability to work in French is an asset
How to Apply
This is a full-time position based at Six Nations of the Grand River. The salary range is competitive with a good benefit package, including pension plan. As an Indigenous organization whose mandate is to promote opportunities for Indigenous people, we encourage applications from qualified Indigenous persons and all others interested in the position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Indspire, visit indspire.ca.
To apply, please forward your résumé, and cover letter to email@example.com inquire on a confidential basis, please call Donna Hall at 416-987-9840. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
No agency calls please.
Deadline for Applications: August 3, 2018
More search results
University of Toronto - Scarborough
Executive Assistant / Adjoint ou adjointe de dire…
Destination Canada - 349294
Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba
Chief Executive Officer
The Legal Services Board of Nunavut
Director, Employment Strategies
United Way of Greater Toronto