Kearl Mine Operations Area Supervisor
- Imperial Oil
- Kearl Oil Sands, AB
- Job Category
- Environmental, Mining, Transportation
- Job Type
Reporting to the General Foreman of Mine Operations, this is a line position requiring well-developed technical and supervisory skills. Incumbent must be sufficiently knowledgeable of mining practices to apply them in the day-to-day operations at the Kearl Oil Sands site. This position requires knowledge of a typical truck and shovel mining operation to effectively use and organize the mine fleet and labour force to meet the daily/shift production targets on a cost-effective basis. The Mine Supervisor has the responsibility during shift to organize personnel and equipment to optimize the mine operations business plan.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- 6-8 years of practical experience in large surface mining operations
- 3-5 years in supervisory/leadership capacity
- Have thorough knowledge of OH&S legislation and specifically the Mining Code
- Good communication and supervisory skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; communication and influencing
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to build good, respectful working relationships
- Previous coaching and mentoring skills with a desire to train others
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and good driving record
- Possess or have a desire & strong willingness to work toward obtaining relevant AMSA Supervisor certificate
- This position is designated as Safety Sensitive under the companies Alcohol & Drug policy and will require a pre-employment certification process
Start date: August 1, 2018
Location: Kearl Oil Sands, AB
Imperial offers a very competitive benefits package including salary, health care and savings plan contributions. Imperial provides comprehensive training and supports employees in continuing their learning including a commitment to continuous professional development. Successful candidate will leverage their functional knowledge and skill to provide technical leadership and influence the development of the Kearl oil sands mining project.
This position will be a full time fly-in, fly-out role to Kearl site from either Calgary or Edmonton. Relocation assistance to Calgary or Edmonton is available if required. Bus transportation is also available to Kearl site from Fort McMurray at the beginning and end of each shift rotation for Fort McMurray residents. Kearl operations positions will typically be 11 days on and 9 days off (shift rotations start and finish with a partial-day shift.)
Kearl oil sands operations will provide safe, secure and quiet accommodation near to the worksite for employees working on rotating work schedules. Facilities include a private room/washroom for each employee.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial invests in new technology to responsibly meet today’s energy challenges, reducing our environmental footprint and remaining committed to high safety standards. Our Kearl oil sands operation north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, represents the next generation of oil sands mining, and is positioned to provide exciting career opportunities well into the future. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: July 15, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.