Kearl Long Range Plant Mechanical Planner
- Imperial Oil
- Kearl Oil Sands, AB
- Job Category
- Technical and Skilled Trades
- Job Type
- Reports to Long Range Planning Supervisor
- Able to Plan & Coordinate with planning team as well as other stakeholders
- Point contact for CMMS administrative changes - strategies, equipment masters, PM revisions
- Responsible for development of new equipment masters, strategies, BOM’s, RPSL
- Point contract with execution, reliability, ops tech within scope of planning control including complex activities
- Manage special projects targeting maintenance planning & development
- Responsible for creating plans and task lists for all maintenance repair activities including:
- High complexity including 30 days greater LACD (component rebuilds, major modifications including ops tech engagement) - with collaboration with short range planners
- PM plans – higher complexity requiring significant technical and external input, as well as planning time
Primary job function
- Communication is key in all aspects of your day
- Identify all Health, Safety & Environmental requirements pertaining to all maintenance activities
- Formulate quality job plans for all maintainable assets.
- Consult with other departments to obtain required background and information for job plan clarity
- Ensure all QA/QC requirements are met for work package creation
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of PM programs
- Identify and effectively plan all required resources
- Conduct field reviews
- Ensure documentation is developed and used effectively for history tracking, consistent for future root cause analysis
- Support all required KPIs and formulate required reports whether daily, weekly , monthly or otherwise
- Coordinate with Materials Coordinators and Execution Coordinators to ensure all required spares, material and service contracts are available
- Work closely with Scheduler
- Work closely with field execution teams in understanding labor allocation requirements and work load limitations
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with other project functions, stakeholder and departments
- Ensure all CMMS estimates and actual costs are reportable and accurate
- Provide cost estimates and contribute to budgetary inputs
- Assist Maintenance Execution with SAP issues and provide education and assistance
- Champion the Kearl Maintenance Business Process and train/educate in its applicability to various scenarios
- Promote a continuous improvement mind set
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Technical Red Seal Journey Person certification preferred – based on background (Millwright, Pipefitter, Boilermaker)
- 10 years industry experience – Mechanical - Millwright, Pipefitter, Boilermaker
- Extensive experience required in rotating and static equipment, piping, slurry pumps, PSV’s exchangers, vessels, etc for Ore Preparation Plants, Extraction Units, Utility Plants, Froth Treatment and Thickened Tailings Units.
- Superior working knowledge of SAP
- Expert knowledge of Maintenance processes and oil sands maintenance programs
- Familiarity with heavy industry planning, scheduling and execution concepts
- Thorough working knowledge of Maintenance and Reliability practices
- Continuous improvement skills and commitment to best practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills; communication and influencing
- Ability to work EDO Schedule from Calgary, ability to travel to site approximately 2-5 days per month
- Occasional site coverage for short range planners onsite as required
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record
Start date: Q3, 2018
Location: Calgary, AB
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Competitive vacation package and one scheduled Friday off per month and five floating days annually for use at your discretion with approval.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: July 15, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.