Pacific Blue Cross has been British Columbia's leading benefits provider for 75 years. We are an independent, not-for-profit society with strong roots in BC’s health care system. Together with our subsidiary BC Life, we provide health, dental, life, disability and travel coverage for approximately 1.5 million British Columbians through employee group plans and through individual plans for those who do not have coverage with their employers.
We are fueled by a commitment to keep health care sustainable for all British Columbians. Through our Community Connection Health Foundation, we also provide funding to community organizations with a focus on alleviating mental illness and chronic disease. We're interested in finding people who want to make a difference and who will take advantage of every opportunity to build a career with us.
Pacific Blue Cross offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, fitness programs, and an onsite gym and cafeteria. Our workplace culture values health and wellness, continuing education, environmental sustainability and giving back to the community.
Working in a dynamic and stimulating customer contact centre and utilizing the latest technology, you will provide clients with a superior customer experience while answering Extended Health Care and/or Dental inquiries and concerns related to the submission and payment of claims. We are recruiting for Customer Service Representatives to join our Customer Experience team! These roles will be located at our head office in Burnaby, BC.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Handle 75 to 100 incoming calls per day from health-care providers, members (insured subscribers), administrators and government agencies regarding; Dental and/or Extended Health Care plans and claims
- Act as a Pacific Blue Cross ambassador
- Listen to customers and analyze their needs in a courteous and professional manner
- Offer solutions that are adapted to caller needs
- A level of knowledge equivalent to high school graduation or higher
- Minimum of one year's prior work experience in Customer Service
- Computer skills required: strong typing and keyboarding skills and knowledge of Basic Microsoft platforms
- Demonstrated ability to respond to telephone and e-mail inquiries while performing various administrative functions in a high volume environment;
- Comfortable working in a structured, fast paced environment with measurable targets to maintain
- Strong listening and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Navigate and use a variety of software applications
- Must be punctual and committed to work schedules
- A background in Group Health insurance and/or a LOMA Customer Service designation would be definite assets
- HelpDesk experience would be an asset
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.