XTO Journeyman Lead Instrument/Electrical Technician
- Imperial Oil
- Based out of Whitecourt, AB; Kaybob 15-07-60-18W5
- Job Category
- Technical and Skilled Trades
A key member of our XTO Energy Canada – Maintenance Department, you will provide support and coaching to the Instrumentation/Electrical team, ensuring that gas is produced in an efficient and cost-effective manner which facilitates safety, health, environmental, and regulatory compliance and business stewardship. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure maintenance of Instrument/Electrical equipment is completed to government and company standards. You will also manage computerized equipment, maintenance schedules, maintenance records and data. Qualified candidates must have ability to work a 4 days ON/3 days OFF, and will be required to work overtime.
Your strong commitment to on-the-job safety is consistent with our first priority for operating to provide a safe work environment for all employees. You will manage the I/E maintenance for assigned units and identify upgrades to optimize equipment reliability and reduce downtime. Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to lead and coordinate work in a team environment are key requirements of the position.
Examples of specific responsibilities:
- Perform skilled I&E Technician duties involving troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing Plant instrumentation, controls and electrical systems.
- Perform calibrations on various forms of instrumentation, i.e. pressure transmitters, differential pressure transmitters, temperature instruments, measurement devices and control valves.
- Perform checks and repairs on Plant/Field electrical equipment, i.e., motors, motor starters, circuit breakers, relays, and meters.
- Insure that all Instrumentation and Electrical Plant/Field Maintenance work is performed in a safe manner and in accordance with the PSM/Safety procedures.
- Work with Maintenance Mechanics on equipment repairs.
- Manage and schedule I&E maintenance work within the Plant/Field to insure that the work is performed in accordance with the Safe/Hot Work Permits and all Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Provide leadership with mentoring and coaching other I/E Technicians within the maintenance dept.
- Travel to the XTO Resthaven Grande Cache facilities will be required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Journeyman instrumentation and journeyman electrical inter-provincial certificate
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience as an I&E Journeyman
- Experience in instrumentation and electrical maintenance, in the oil and gas industry, is an asset
- A valid clean driver’s license
- Experience with Plant/Field process instrumentation
- Note: These are Guidelines and may be adjusted at the discretion of the Production Superintendent and I&E Foreman
Start date: Q3, 2018
Location: Based out of Whitecourt, AB; Kaybob 15-07-60-18W5 Plant Facility. Periodic travel required to Resthaven 02-10-60-1W6
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial/ExxonMobil and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial/ExxonMobil is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with XTO Energy Canada/ Imperial Oil a subsidiary of Exxonmobil.
This assignment will provide you with an opportunity to gain valuable leadership experience in the oil and gas industry. We offer you challenging, discipline-related work experience in an operating environment. You will learn maintenance skills through on-the-job experience, supplemented by in-house training.
Who we are
XTO Energy Inc., a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation, is a leading natural gas and oil producer with expertise in developing unconventional oil and gas resources throughout North America. We are committed to ensuring gas is produced in an efficient and cost-effective manner which facilitates safety, health, environmental, and regulatory compliance and business stewardship.
- Successful candidates would be employed by Imperial Oil Limited and seconded to XTO Energy Canada.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: July 13, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.