Click HERE To Apply
CPARC at Queen’s University is a federally funded initiative of the Canada First Research Excellence Fund (CFREF). Through CPARC, Queen’s is collaborating with a network of research partners across Canada and internationally to advance the topics of dark matter and neutrino research. CPARC is governed by a Board of Management which draws representation from the network of partner institutions. Various governance, scientific and administrative committees provide expert advice in support of the Managing Director and Scientific Director with accountability to the Board to ensure success in achieving strategic performance milestones articulated in the grant application to the funding agency.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Program Officer supports the governance and performance framework of CPARC by developing policies, processes and guidelines for various CPARC advisory committees. The Program Officer is responsible for implementing a framework for collecting statistical and qualitative information; providing accurate and timely analysis; tracking progress in meeting milestones against the CPARC Strategic Plan, Operational Plan, Risk Management Matrix and Key Performance Indicators outlined in the application to CFREF. This role supports the creation, delivery and evaluation of CPARC programs; recommending improvements and providing strategic advice to influence the direction of ongoing activity to achieve set targets which are underpinned by specific equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives. The Program Officer will collaborate with all CPARC staff to ensure success in Key Performance Areas across all CPARC functions.
- Based on a thorough understanding and evaluation of the CPARC program, develops a framework by setting priorities and objectives for collecting statistical and qualitative information from CPARC partners in order to support the information and reporting requirements of CPARC Committees, Board of Management and the funding agency.
- Works collaboratively with CPARC partners to evaluate reporting collection methods to ensure efficiency of collection strategies without compromising the accuracy and completeness of information required.
- Creates and maintains the CPARC performance management framework, and in consultation with the various staff teams, the Managing Director and Scientific Director sets priorities and objectives.
- Plans and facilitates ongoing interaction with internal/external partners regarding the collection and analysis of data sources to identify key performance metrics and CPARC success stories.
- Provides high level accurate and timely analysis of input data and reports collected from across the CPARC network for ongoing governance and reporting to the funding agency, while demonstrating an attention to detail and commitment towards continuous program improvement.
- In collaboration with the Managing Director, develops policies, processes and guidelines in support of various CPARC governance, scientific and administrative committees for approval by the Board.
- Makes recommendations, independently plans and implements the evaluation framework of all CPARC programs.
- Tracks, and identifies progress of CPARC‘s Strategic Plan, Operational Plan, Risk Management Matrix, and Key Performance Indicators outlined in the application to CFREF. Recommends and develop strategies to improve the tracking methods by setting priorities and objectives.
- Provides expert advice on the creation of programming to enable CPARC achievement of the set equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) goals. Work closely with governance committees to meet the goals of the CPARC EDI framework.
- Identifies, develops, and recommends continuous improvement for the framework of CPARC Board and advisory committees.
- Identifies the need for CPARC Board and advisory committee resources, participates in recruitment for the committees, and makes effective recommendations regarding advisory committee selection; this incudes, tracking the membership profile and diversity of CPARC advisory committees.
- Provides expert advice to Scientific and Administrative staff teams to influence the strategic plan based on thorough analysis of ongoing activities.
- Works closely with all CPARC staff to enable success in Administration, Business Development, Finance, Communications, Education, and Outreach across the CPARC network.
- Undertakes other duties or special projects as required.
- University degree in Science; Economics or Business. Consideration may be given to those with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of relevant job experience.
- Experience in program development, analysis, project management, and reporting frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced environment requiring quick and appropriate decision-making skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with large database management systems, and Microsoft Office software products.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with organizational governance, risk analysis and project management.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills are necessary; the Program Officer must be able to interact effectively with a wide variety of people from every level across the CPARC network.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, in order to coordinate work of self and other personnel within set timelines and with superior attention to detail.
- An understanding of university procedures, policies and regulations and how they impact on the functioning of the CPARC. Knowledge of applicable legislation, policies and regulations as required.
- Analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills. Incumbent should be able to assess and solve unexpected problems as they arise, referring only extremely complex problems to the Managing Director.
- Advanced administrative skills, including use of computers for data collection and analysis, project management, word processing, spreadsheet and data management. Use of graphics and Internet software may be required. Ability to adapt and implement new technologies.
- Ability to motivate colleagues and collaborators to create a positive work environment.
- Comfortable preparing presentations for diverse audiences, generating data and understanding appropriate levels for presentations.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal oversight.
- Prioritize own work to meet objectives and adhere to set timelines
- Creates framework for identifying when research teams are not working towards intended funding proposal objectives and, in consultation with the Managing Director, strategizes on steps necessary to ensure corrective steps through effective data collection, analysis, program evaluation and communication.
- Recommend new procedures and changes to existing process in order to positively impact CPARCs research program and operations.
- Find solution to unanticipated problems within guidelines and decide whether complexity of the problem warrants the involvement of other staff. Determine how the problem/solution will impact project outcomes.
- Evaluation of existing program models to identify best practices to bring to CPARC.
- Determine what information should be distributed, to whom and in what format. Decisions will be made based on the relevance of the information and the impact that recipients can have on the project outcome.
- Make recommendations for program enhancements
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Queen’s is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
The University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Click HERE To Apply