Administrative Assistant – Education Department
Indspire is an Indigenous-led national registered charity that invests in the education of Indigenous people for the long term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada. With the support of its funding partners, Indspire disburses financial awards, delivers programs, and shares resources with the goal of closing the gap in Indigenous education. Through Indspire’s K-12 Institute, it provides resources to educators, communities, and other stakeholders who are committed to improving kindergarten to grade 12 success for Indigenous youth. In 2015-16, Indspire awarded $12.2 million through 3,792 bursaries and scholarships to Indigenous youth, making it the largest funder of Indigenous education outside the federal government. Each year, the organization presents the Indspire Awards, a gala celebration of the successes achieved by Indigenous people that is broadcast nationally.
Never has there been a better time to join this national leader. The Administrative Assistant – Education Department, reports to the Director, K-12 Institute providing administrative support to the Director of K-12 and the Director of PSE with general clerical support to the Education Department.
The position responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant – Education Department include:
- Provides administrative support to the Director K-12 Institute and the Director, Post-Secondary Institute;
- Processes expense reports, credit card reconciliations, activity reports, contract management, maintaining and ordering office supplies, mail, couriers, shipping promotional materials and other administrative/office coordination duties, as directed;
- Organizes and schedules Director of K-12’s overall agenda; schedules appointments, maintains daily calendar and business travel; as well, monitors and follows up on important activities that need to be brought forward by staff within the Department;
- Manages and coordinates workload priorities to support the Director(s) on initiatives;
- Reviews and prepares materials for Director’s various commitments, in advance of meetings;
- Coordinates invoicing for the Education department, including sending and receiving invoices, coordinating and monitoring payments, record keeping and preparing standard reports;
- Coordinates and organizes distribution of Indspire materials, information and mailing lists, based on established distribution plans;
- Coordinates, meetings, including location, catering and meeting materials including agenda & minutes, and informs Directors and staff as required.
- Completion of high school and post-secondary education, or equivalent experience
- Progressive experience with a minimum of 2 years’ in a similar environment
- Knowledge of and experience in Indigenous communities strongly preferred
- Effective customer service skills and ability to interact with a variety of people
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel in particular)
- Demonstrates good organizational skills with ability to multitask
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of office equipment, systems and procedures
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekends
How to Apply
This is a full-time position will be based in Indspire’s Six Nations of the Grand River Territory office. The salary range is competitive with a good benefit package, including pension plan. We are an Indigenous led organization whose mandate is to promote opportunities for Indigenous people. We encourage applications from qualified Indigenous persons and all others interested in the position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Indspire, visit indspire.ca.
To apply, please forward your résumé, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to inquire on a confidential basis, please call Donna Hall at 647-383-8792. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
No agency calls please.
Deadline for Applications: July 11, 2018