About the position
The Financial Markets Department (FMD) policy and market operations teams support the Bank’s monetary policy and financial system mandate. While the market and banking operations are primarily based in Ottawa, the Bank is in the process of establishing a new alternate site for its operations in Calgary, in accordance with resilience best practices. FMD is currently seeking a (Senior) Treasury Management Analyst for the Treasury, Auctions, and Settlement Systems (TASS) for its Calgary site. This position will require initial training in Ottawa for a period of up to 9 months, with periodic travel between the two sites. Relocation and travel will be provided in accordance with the Bank’s travel and relocation policies.
The TASS division works closely with colleagues of other divisions at the Bank and the Department of Finance to develop and implement the government’s domestic funding plan, manage the government’s cash balances, and maintain a liquid and well-functioning debt market in Canada.
Your future responsibilities
As a (Senior) Treasury Management Analyst you are responsible for the daily activities involving managing both the treasury for the Government of Canada as well as the Bank’s own balance sheet. This includes both daily and longer term forecasting of the cash flows for the government treasury and managing the Government’s treasury bill program to ensure that the government cash requirements are met. For the Bank, this forecasting is done to determine the asset acquisitions for the Bank’s balance sheet. As (Senior) Treasury Management Analyst you will also be responsible to do analysis to support the treasury management function for the Government as well as policy analysis supporting the Bank’s collateral policy and balance sheet needs.
You will be responsible for critical deadlines with high profile exposure if processes and operations are not met on a timely or accurate basis.
Your knowledge and skills
• detail-oriented and analytical in nature
• demonstrated interest in the Bank's funds management, monetary policy, and/or financial system functions
• solid interpersonal skills (team player); shares expertise, provides constructive feedback, and contributes ideas to achieve common goals
• strong communication skills, both oral and written
• demonstrated experience in setting priorities, monitoring projects and initiatives and ensuring follow-through
• demonstrated interest in and ability to conduct analytic research on financial market issues and developments
• solid problem-solving skills with the ability to make sound decisions when providing advice or making recommendations
• good technical skills
• ability to think conceptually
• Language requirement: English or French essential
Your education and experience
• MBA, MSc (Finance), MA (Economics), or equivalent level of education
• a minimum of two years of relevant experience in finance, central banking or treasury management operations of a large public or private sector organization
• interest in public policies related to the Bank’s fiscal agent activities
• designation as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
• good communication skills in both official languages
• Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
• Must be eligible for secret clearance
• Relocation assistance will be provided in accordance with Bank policy
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
What you can expect from us
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet your needs at every stage of your life and career.
Senior Treasury Management Analyst
• Starting salaries are based on qualifications and experience and typically range from $88,993 to $116,803 (job grade 17).
• Depending on performance, you may be eligible for performance pay for successfully meeting (7 to 10% of your base salary) or for exceeding expectations (15% of your base salary). Exceptional performers who far exceed expectations may be eligible for higher performance pay.
Treasury Management Analyst
Candidates whose experience and/or educational background may not be at the level being recruited for will be considered for a position within the accelerated progression stream program. The accelerated progression stream is for economists and financial sector specialists and is defined by four levels P1 to P4. The program where the employees acquire the skills over a number of years to reach the working level of a Senior Treasury Management Analyst at the job grade 17.
• Starting salaries are based on qualifications and experience and typically range from $67,910 to $88,992 (job grade P2-P4).
• During the progression, you are not eligible for performance pay given that performance is rewarded via a faster rate of progression through the salary range.
• Flexible and comprehensive benefits so you can choose the level of health, dental, disability and life and/or accident insurance coverage that meets your needs
• Extra vacation days (up to five each year) that you can purchase to add to your vacation entitlement
• Indexed, defined-benefit pension plan
As one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we offer you a superior work environment that allows you to reach your full potential both professionally and personally. We make career growth and professional development a priority. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environments that support a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation measures during any aspect of the recruitment process, we will work with you to address your needs. Information related to accommodation measures will be treated as confidential.
For more information on key benefits, please visit www.bankofcanada.ca/careers/working-here.
Please apply online by May 3, 2018 at 11:59pm (EST)