A Field Operator opportunity is available at Imperial's Cold Lake, Alberta location.
The city of Cold Lake is located in the western Canadian province of Alberta. It is approximately 294 km (180 miles) northeast of Edmonton, AB, 170 km (100 miles) north of Lloydminster, AB, and 588 km (375 miles) northeast of Calgary, AB. The area offers all major amenities without the crowds and the traffic, world class recreational facilities and numerous types of outdoor activities. This is NOT a fly in/out opportunity and camp accommodation is not provided. Relocation to the Cold Lake area is required.
As an initial assignment you will train as a member of our operating staff to gain practical hands-on experience with operating and safety procedures. On-the-job experience will be supplemented with additional related formal training. You will begin your assignment as a field/battery operator. You will be required to work on your own without direct supervision following the initial training period. Frequent driving on gravel roads is a key component of this position.
Following your initial assignment and after reaching career level, you may have the opportunity to move into more technical roles, such as Well Optimization, Production Lead Operator, Reliability Lead Operator, Field Panel Operator, Operations Specialist or Safety/Health/Environment Lead.
- Obtaining representative tests of oil or gas wells, as required
- Operating and maintaining control equipment, gathering lines, vessels, metering equipment and compressors; perform minor routine maintenance and report malfunctions and failures
- Checking operation of each well and associated equipment to ensure that oil or gas production is kept at optimum rates (testing and troubleshooting wells)
- Preparing accurate daily production reports
- Abiding by all safety rules and standards, reporting hazards and holding responsibility for the safe operation of a company vehicle and tools assigned to you
- Surveillance of equipment such as compressors, pumps, treaters, etc.
- Looking for ways to improve/enhance production or improve existing operating methods
- Understanding and abide by applicable government regulations, e.g. Transportation of Dangerous Goods and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- Safely performing physical tasks at times, e.g. moving drums of chemicals. Interfacing with Operations, Planning, Engineering and Programmatic organizations as required
- Integral member of Cold Lake reliability team and best practice networks
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) is a minimum requirement
- Successful completion of a Petroleum, Chemical, or Power Engineering Technology program
- Alternatively the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that academics have been achieved for both part A and part B of the 4th Class Power Engineering Program
- If you have graduated from college within the last 3 years, a copy of your final, unofficial transcript must be included with your application
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record are required
- Previous related industry experience will be considered as an asset
Start Date: Q2, 2018
Location: Cold Lake, AB
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enable you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment – encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application Deadline: June 12, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.