Indspire is a national Indigenous-led charity that invests in the education of Indigenous people for the long term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada. With the support of its funding partners, Indspire disburses financial awards, delivers programs, and shares resources with the goal of closing the gap in Indigenous education. Through Indspire’s K-12 Institute, it provides resources to educators, communities, and other stakeholders who are committed to improving outcomes for Indigenous youth.
Never has there been a better time to join this national leader. We are currently recruiting for a Director, Partnerships. In this role, you will report to the Vice-President, Development, working with the Development team and other internal stakeholders. You will be responsible for the creation, management and expansion of sponsorships and institutional support to secure private sector revenue sources to support Indspire by researching, identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding foundations, organizations and corporations.
The position responsibilities of the Director, Partnerships include:
- Reports to and works closely with the Vice-President, Development to develop and execute all revenue generating partnerships and initiatives aimed at engaging and foundations, organizations and corporations with Indspire.
- Maintains a portfolio of approximately 100 prospects, including new and existing.
- Conducts a minimum of 100 face to face visits per year with the goal of presenting a minimum of 50 proposals and closing a minimum of 30 partnerships/agreements per year.
- Performs prospect research to identify and qualify potential supporters and sponsors ($25k+) as well as assisting in cultivation and solicitation of prospects in keeping with Indspire’s priorities and fundraising strategies.
- Provides strategic management and supervisory oversight and support to employees to ensure successful execution of fundraising and stewardship strategies, programs to maximize revenues and timely tax receipting, donor acknowledgement and reporting activities.
- Develops goals and conducts mid-year and annual performance reviews for direct reports.
- Achieves annual fundraising goals.
- Plans all aspects of, and ensures the execution of foundation, organizations and corporation stewardship activities.
- Creates, develops and coordinates a variety of programs to engage current volunteers and supporters/sponsors in Indspire programs to ensure their support.
- Creates materials including customized funding proposals/packages, gift agreements, briefing notes for solicitation, stewardship reports, presentations, online content and other fundraising materials as required.
- Produces reports, analyzes results, recommends changes as required to maximize revenues.
- In collaboration with the Vice-President, Development, develops and implements prospect and results tracking utilizing database and other tools.
- Assists the Vice-President, Development with individual giving programs as appropriate.
- Works with the Vice-President, Development in the planning and implementation of foundation, organization and corporate stewardship and communications. Plans and delivers initiatives and programs to ensure highest level of service and stewardship for existing supporters and sponsors.
- Manages the stewardship cycle by ensuring support is acknowledged in a timely and personal manner with receipts, correspondence, phone calls and other communications.
- Ensures the accurate recording of all contacts in the Indspire database and the maintenance of accurate electronic and hard copy files on all supporters/sponsors.
- Works with the Vice-President Development to research and help plan the Department’s annual budget; monitors revenue generating partnership budget ensuring goals are met.
- Researches and develops web content to generate leads and ensures Indspire is at the cutting edge of interactive and other revenue development strategies and techniques.
- Provides support at Indspire events as required.
- Attends functions as appropriate to promote Indspire to supporters and prospects.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent.
- Progressive experience with a minimum of seven years’ experience of demonstrated success in sponsorship and fundraising in the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience managing or leading staff teams.
- Knowledge of and experience in Indigeneous communities is a strong asset.
- A solid understanding of the fund development and moves management process.
- Working towards or having attained CFRE an asset.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all donors, volunteers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, deadlines and priorities.
- Team player that displays initiative.
- Highly computer literate and the ability to work effectively with fundraising software to drive results.
- Ability to work with sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
- Ability to work in French is an asset.
- Occasional travel between Six Nations and Toronto offices is required.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekends and possess a willingness to travel within Canada.
How to Apply
This is a full-time position and can be based at Indspire’s Toronto or Six Nations office. The salary range is competitive with a good benefit package, including pension plan. We are an Indigenous led organization whose mandate is to promote opportunities for Indigenous people. We encourage applications from qualified Indigenous persons and all others interested in the position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Indspire, visit indspire.ca.
To apply, please forward your résumé, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
No agency calls please.
Deadline for Applications: January 25th, 2018