Executive Vice President, In-Patient Care Programs
The Executive Vice President, In‑Patient Care Programs (EVP) will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and work in collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team, Board of Directors, stakeholder organizations, academic partners, and regional hospitals. This position will provide executive level direction to the Directors of clinical programs and services including the Emergency Department, Critical Care, Trauma, Surgery, Womens and Childrens, Adult and Forensic Mental Health, Cardiovascular, and Stroke and Medicine.
This EVP position provides overall leadership, strategic planning, operational management accountability, and responsibility for key service areas including management of budget, health human resources, quality and overall performance outcomes.This position is accountable for achieving patient care objectives, embedding the Patient and Family Centred Care philosophy into operations and leading the commitment to improve the quality of the patient experience. This position is also accountable to create an environment in which collaboration is valued and excellence in clinical care, education, and research is advanced. The EVP will promote innovation and best practice opportunities for health care professionals, and support health research while maintaining operational efficiency and responding to clinical demands.
The EVP leads in a highly matrixed system across the organization and works in close collaboration with the EVP, Medical Regional Programs to enhance clinical program management and ensure organizational success.
The successful candidate will have:
* Post‑secondary degree in health administration, public administration or related field. Master's or PhD preferred.
* Evidence of progressive health care leadership with demonstrated collaborative team based, results orientated approach;
* Minimum 10 years of recent clinical practice combined with a minimum of 7 years of progressive administrative leadership positions with increasing scopes.
Skills (in addition to behavioural competencies identified above)
* Self directed, highly motivated leader with ability to solve complex problems and lead innovative solutions for best care;
* Willing to challenge the status quo to innovate patient care processes and services.
* Expert knowledge of in‑patient care delivery models, best practices and approaches;
* Excellent knowledge and application of Patient Family Centred Care principles and practices;
* Demonstrated knowledge of current legislation, ethical standards, Public Hospitals Act, and other related standards and guidelines;
* Visionary, strategic planner;
* Self‑awareness and ability to self‑manage;
* Openness to personal development and receiving feedback for growth.
The Health Sciences Centre strives to ensure the safety and security of the patients, visitors, employees and assets financial and otherwise. As one tool in the recruitment screening process, all offers of employment to external candidates shall be conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Records Check (CRC) to ensure the absence of relevant criminal convictions.
The Health Sciences Centre (HSC) is committed to delivering healthcare in a manner that is consistent with Patient and Family Centred Care. Applicants are required to have a demonstrated knowledge, understanding and commitment to this care philosophy.
Candidates will have demonstrated adherence to the Hospital's Code of Conduct. Regular attendance at work is imperative, therefore, all applicants will have to demonstrate a good attendance record to be considered for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. Additionally we are identified as an English/French speaking health sciences centre and encourage bilingual candidates to apply.
If there are no qualified applicants for the above position, the Hospital may, at their discretion, train unqualified individuals.
Interested applicants should submit a resume outlining relative previous experience and training no later than 1630 hours on Thursday, May 10, 2018.
Applicants must apply through our website www.jobs.tbrhsc.net.
Posted: April 24, 2018