Imperial is hiring a number of Plant Maintenance Millwrights to support Kearl electrical and instrumentation systems maintenance.
- Accountable for maintenance, preventive maintenance and optimization of all plant and rotating equipment
- Assisting with planning, coordinating and supervision of all contract millwright services in coordination with Maintenance Coordinator
- Operating within all standards, policies, procedures, and business plans for the team, the district and Imperial resources
- Keeping Maintenance Coordinator informed of unit problems
- Supporting Root Cause Failure Analysis process
- Participating in Proactive Safety Program
- Supporting planning, scheduling and supervision of contract mechanical maintenance
- Consistently working in a safe manner, understanding all applicable safety, environmental guidelines and procedures
- High school diploma or GED is a minimum requirement
- Interprovincial Red Seal millwright certificate
- 5 plus years of millwright experience
- High self-motivation, productivity and professional work ethic and conduct
- Strong planning, coordination and supervisory skills
- Solid technical understanding of maintenance practices
- Good team and communication skills
- Above average to strong performance
- Computer skills in MS Word and Excel
- Full Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and a safe driving record
Start date: June / July, 2018
Location: Kearl Site, AB
- Imperial offers a very competitive benefits package including salary, health care and savings plan contributions.
- Imperial provides comprehensive training and supports employees in continuing their learning including a commitment to continuous professional development. Successful candidate will leverage their functional knowledge and skill to provide technical leadership and influence the development of the Kearl oil sands mining operation.
- This position will be a full time fly-in, fly-out role to Kearl site from either Calgary or Edmonton. Relocation assistance to Calgary or Edmonton is available if required. Bus transportation is also available to Kearl site from Fort McMurray at the beginning and end of each shift rotation for Fort McMurray residents.
- Kearl operations positions will typically be 11 days on and 9 days off (shift rotations start and finish with a partial day shift).
- Kearl operations will provide safe, secure and quiet accommodation near to the worksite for employees working on rotating work schedules. Facilities include a private room/washroom for each employee.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial invests in new technology to responsibly meet today’s energy challenges, reducing our environmental footprint and remaining committed to high safety standards. Our Kearl oil sands operation north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, represents the next generation of oil sands mining, and is positioned to provide exciting career opportunities well into the future. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: June 1, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.