Director, Capital Program Implementation
Job ID: 2704 - Excluded
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
Reporting to the Associate VP - Asset Strategies, the Director, Capital Program Implementation oversees the delivery of Capital Improvements to the provincial social housing stock, including directly managed buildings, group homes and non-profit buildings and for non-government agencies that retain the services of BC Housing.
YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- University degree or applied technology diploma in architecture, engineering, building technology, project management or related field from a recognized technical college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Significant asset management and program/project management experience, with responsibility for managing large and complex assessment, repair and renovation construction programs and projects, requiring extensive knowledge of strategies and practices pertaining to the planning, design, construction and renovation of multiple unit residential buildings.
- Experience associated with the financial management of capital infrastructure or comparable areas of responsibility, including annual budgetary planning.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of the planning, design, re-development and construction of multi-use properties
- Significant knowledge of the philosophies, practices, models and frameworks associated with project management
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of building codes, building design, and principles and practices related to the construction, development, remediation and renovation of multi-unit residential buildings, including building envelope failure
- Significant knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s mandate, programs and policies in delivering social housing programs throughout the province
- Ability to lead the planning, design and delivery of multiple, complex repair and re-development projects, adapt to changing priorities and re-allocate resources as necessary
- Ability to plan, develop, manage, control and evaluate program activities.
- Ability to foster strong working relationships with contracted services, association representatives, housing providers, government agencies (local and provincial) and other stakeholders to accomplish objectives
- Effective problem solving, decision-making, negotiation, conflict resolution and consensus building skills.
- Effective leadership, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team environment.
▪ Personal Effectiveness ▪ Communication ▪ Results Oriented ▪ Teamwork ▪ Service Oriented
▪ Alignment & Results ▪ Relationship Management/Building ▪ Team Development
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.