Are you interested in being part of the making a difference in the lives of children and youth in Ontario?
Consider this opportunity with the Ministry of Children and Youth Services. This position offers a challenging opportunity to conduct policy analysis and research that contributes to the planning and development of children and youth related policies and programs with a focus on Indigenous children and youth.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Provide policy analysis of strategic Indigenous child and youth issues
• Participate in the development and monitoring of policies and programs
• Conduct environmental scans and trends analyses that identify and conceptualize key issues
• Develop, foster and maintain contacts with internal and external partners
• Prepare draft presentations and briefing materials
How do I qualify?
Policy Development Skills
• You have knowledge of program and policy development principles and government decision-making processes to prepare draft policy options
• You have analytical skills to assess the effectiveness of new and changed policies and provide recommendations
• You have the ability to acquire knowledge of provincial and ministry strategic directions and key objectives pertaining to children and youth services for Indigenous children and youth
Analytical, Problem Solving and Research Skills
• You can conduct policy research including monitoring trends, directions and issues and assess factors and make recommendations on options
• You can undertake cross-sectorial research of policies and programs in other jurisdictions to identify options and evaluate best practices for application to Ontario
• You have research and analytical techniques to conduct environmental scans, trends analyses, quantitative and qualitative research from multiple sources
Interpersonal and Consultation Skills
• You have consultation skills to lead policy working groups, exchange information and liaise with others on policy issues
• You have conflict resolution and facilitation skills to work with policy teams in identifying issues and problems and contributing to solutions
• Interpersonal skills to engage with external partners, share information, discuss issues and build consensus
Communication, Presentation and Computer Skills
• You have verbal and written communication skills to lead consultations and prepare draft policy papers, reports, correspondence, briefing notes and Cabinet submissions
• You have presentation skills in order to provide research findings to senior staff
• You have knowledge of computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, project management, and research and statistical analysis
Salary Range: $61,397 - $85,839 per year
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 2 Bloor St W, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, April 10, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 120879 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.