Are you an organized and enthusiastic individual with strong administration skills looking for a challenging opportunity to work for an organization where your contribution and innovation is encouraged and rewarded? Then consider joining the Regional Economic Development Branch at the Ministry of Northern Development and Mines.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• provide a variety of administrative and clerical functions to the team manager and staff
• perform various financial, purchasing and revenue tasks for the unit
• coordinate and maintain appointment calendars, boardroom bookings, travel and meetings/conferences arrangements
• produce a variety of documents such as reports, letters, forms, and presentations forms, graphs, charts and statistical information
• provide administrative control by ensuring files and records are kept up-to-date and well organized
• manage incoming and outgoing correspondence
• provide clerical human resources services by preparing/processing employee forms
• provide customer service by providing routine and general guidance and information to internal/external clients
How do I qualify?
Administrative, clerical and financial support:
• You demonstrate experience and knowledge of administrative procedures and practices to provide a variety of administrative and clerical support to the team manager and staff.
• You are proficient in your knowledge of office equipment to operate equipment efficiently and ensure routine maintenance as required.
• You demonstrate knowledge of corporate electronic and manual filing policies, practices and procedures to create and maintain filing systems and to ensure the proper retention of records.
• You are proficient in the use of computers and software applications (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation, web pages, and electronic mail) to perform clerical support functions.
• You have knowledge of basic accounting skills to assist with budget preparation and monitoring.
• You demonstrate arithmetic skills and financial experience to verify and reconcile expenditures, invoices, and prepare/verify travel/expense claims.
• You have a solid understanding of human resources practices to prepare personnel documents and to answer general questions pertaining to employee entitlements.
Communication and interpersonal skills:
• You demonstrate well developed oral and written communication skills to obtain and provide information, prepare reports, routine correspondence, and proofread for grammatical, spelling and sentence structure errors.
• You demonstrate interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with staff and ministry partners to provide explanation on financial reporting requirements, discuss and resolve administrative problems, and to obtain clarification on procedural requirements as well as to make recommendations for improvement to work related processes.
• You demonstrate tact and diplomacy when discussing sensitive, contentious and confidential matters with supervisor or corporate office specialists to ensure current interpretation and application of rules and regulations.
• You demonstrate group leadership skills to direct seasonal/summer staff by assigning and monitoring work plans.
Judgment, analytical and problem solving skills:
• You demonstrate excellent analytical skills and attention to detail to assess the urgency of inquiries and assigned tasks, meet conflicting demands and identify and resolve discrepancies.
• You demonstrate sound judgment, reasoning skills and political acuity to determine the nature and urgency of inquiries and respond appropriately.
• You have good problem solving skills to resolve issues related to acquisitions, asset management and budget by probing for more information to determine reason for issue/complaint and referring more complex issues to supervisor and providing recommendations as applicable.
Planning and coordinating skills:
• You have demonstrated excellent planning and coordinating skills to organize your own workload and ensure priorities are met, make arrangements for travel/meetings and keep track of unit staff schedule.
Salary Range: $23.10 - $26.86 per hour
- 1 Permanent, 810 Robertson St, Kenora, North Region
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, April 25, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 122376 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.