The Assistant Deputy Minister's (ADM) Office of the Strategic Policy and Planning Division, Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation, is searching for a dynamic administrative professional with excellent interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills and judgement to support the effective and efficient operation of the office and the division.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• manage the ADM's calendar and meeting materials to ensure the most effective use of the ADM's time
• coordinate travel arrangements and logistics for the ADM for visits to Indigenous communities and related meetings
• provide superior administrative and secretarial services to the ADM, including the control of correspondence into and out of the office
• provide support to the Executive Assistant, including flagging urgent issues and requests and related deadlines
• recommend, develop and implement administrative procedures and processes to support the flow of information throughout the ministry
• coordinate the collection, distribution and tracking of a variety of documents, including briefing materials, reports, Cabinet submissions, presentations and speeches
• support the coordination and administration of budget activities, including monthly expenditures
• support Human Resource requirements, accommodations and technological requirements for ADMO staff
• maintain regular liaison with staff of the Minister's and Deputy Minister's Offices
• respond to general enquiries from all levels of government, private sector, Indigenous and non-Indigenous community organizations
How do I qualify?
• You have experience providing coordination and administrative support to an executive office.
• You have knowledge of information management and records management practices to effectively manage the flow of information through the ADM's office.
• You have financial administration skills to process expense claims, purchase supplies, forecast budgets, etc.
• You have human resources administration skills to assist with recruitment, on-boarding, personnel file maintenance, etc.
Communication and customer service skills:
• You have oral communication and customer service skills to interact with all levels of the organization.
• You have interpersonal skills to build networks for gathering and sharing information.
• You have written communication and computer skills to produce a variety of executive correspondence, reports, spreadsheets and presentation materials.
Other important skills:
• You have analytical and problem solving skills to resolve various operational issues and identify opportunities to improve administrative policies, processes and practices.
• You have judgment and evaluative skills to handle sensitive and confidential matters appropriately.
• You have organizational and planning skills to work effectively with minimal supervision and complete multiple tasks within tight time frames.
• You have ability to troubleshoot office software and computer systems.
Salary Range: $54,665 - $75,652 per year
- 1 Permanent, 160 Bloor St E, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Monday, April 16, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 121310 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.