The world wants more Canada, Join us?
Do you want to be a part of innovative programs and marketing campaigns that inspire international travelers to explore Canada or behind the scenes making it all happen? Interested in helping grow our country’s tourism economy? Are you a passionate, bright, strategic self-starter? Join Destination Canada and collaborate locally and abroad with diverse colleagues who are leaders in their field. We work hard to share the experiences that make Canada a destination of choice and we’re looking for savvy professionals to enhance our team.
Destination Canada is looking for two highly organized Administrative Assistants to join our team. Under the direction of the Executive Director(s) in either the Business Events Canada or the Consumer & Market Intelligence & Industry Partnerships areas, you’ll be tasked with providing administrative assistance, project coordination, and finance and procurement support. You will be relied on to help with ongoing and ad hoc projects, programs and events and to keep things running smoothly in the unit.
Needless to say, you’re comfortable working independently in a fast-paced and demanding environment. You’re a multitasker who can establish priorities and enjoy solving problems. You speak the language of travel expense claims, filing systems, contract tracking and the like, and can easily translate the related processes for your team.
EDUCATION: Degree or certificate from a recognized institute in administrative support or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
EXPERIENCE: When applying, the candidate must clearly demonstrate in writing how they meet the following experience criteria:
- 2 or more years of experience in providing administrative, financial and project support services.
- Experience providing support to multiple team members including senior executives.
- Experience in dealing with all aspects of finance and procurement related tasks.
- Experience in monitoring and tracking a project budget such as conducting variances, processing invoices and contracts.
- Experience in preparing and editing information products and reports.
- Experience in planning and coordinating meetings.
- Experience in coordinating travel arrangements.
- Significant experience in using Microsoft Office Suite at an advanced level (including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
HOW TO APPLY
For more details about what we need and how to apply, please visit our Careers section at https://www.destinationcanada.com/en/careers and click “Career Listings”. The deadline for this competition is April 22, 2018. Please note in your application where you learned about this competition.