Associate Manager, Homelessness Partnership
POSITION: Full-time,1-year contract
DEPARTMENT: Community Impact and Strategy
REPORTS TO: Manager, Community Investment
BASIC FUNCTION: To support the implementation of the Homelessness Partnering Strategy (HPS) program including administering HPS funded sub-projects, collecting and analyzing data to measure chronic and episodic homelessness and those imminently at risk of homelessness in York Region.
- Support the Public Education and Awareness Working Group of the York Region Homelessness Community Advisory Board to achieve its mandate, including compiling materials, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, sharing information and organizing educational activities and events.
- Collect data for identified populations to inform HPS funding priorities including client profile information, geographic impact and other contributing factors
- Support internal and external partners to effectively develop and maintain relationships, promote data collection, develop communication frameworks and community engagement
- Develop and manage systems for ensuring effective communication including collecting and synthesizing relevant information and preparing reports in a timely manner
- In cooperation with the Manager, Community Investment develop, monitor and maintain systems for accurately tracking financial and other records, including grants, contracts and budgets
- Manage a schedule of multi-stakeholder meetings and events, including liaising with key stakeholders, assisting with the preparation of meeting materials and notes, and keeping track of logistical details
- Participate in regular team, departmental and inter-departmental meetings and other activities
- Supervise project interns and volunteers as necessary
- Other team and departmental duties and projects as assigned
- More than 1 year of related experience in project coordination and/or management preferably with complex community projects involving multiple stakeholders, such as residents, businesses, public service sector and United Way corporate partners.
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in Research, Social Services or related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to develop effective tracking and reporting tools for data collection, analysis and interpretation
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience of homelessness issues in York Region and the network of community, health and social services supporting this population.
- Knowledge of the federal Homelessness Partnership Strategy and Housing First.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications.
- Strong problem-solving skills with proven success at identifying, escalating and resolving issues
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and constituent relationship skills, including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse population
- Adaptable, with proven organizational skills to manage competing priorities and meet multiple deadlines under pressure
- Proven ability to take initiative and carry projects to completion with minimum supervision
- Excellent attention to detail and proven track record of accuracy
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Must have access to a vehicle, valid driver’s license and insurance.
Interested candidates please apply through the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=uwgt.org&jobId=187657&lang=en_CA&source=CC3 no later than March 7, 2018 at 5:00 pm EST.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that due to the volume of resumes, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
UWTYR offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process. If you are contacted by UWTYR regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.