Commercial Partnerships Lead
Do you want to be a part of innovative programs and marketing campaigns that inspire international travelers to explore Canada or behind the scenes making it all happen? Interested in helping grow our country’s tourism economy? Are you a passionate, bright, strategic self-starter? Join Destination Canada and collaborate locally and abroad with diverse colleagues who are leaders in their field. We work hard to share the experiences that make Canada a destination of choice and we’re looking for savvy professionals to enhance our team.
Destination Canada’s Industry Partnerships team helps secure additional Canadian partner investment to Destination Canada’s source markets, manage partner relations and works to sell in-market opportunities to partners. Our partners include other destinations, such as provinces, tourist locations, travel vendors and service providers.
Vous préférez voir cette offre en français? Cliquez ici.
THE WORLD WANTS MORE CANADA, JOIN US?
Destination Canada is looking for a Commercial Partnerships Lead to grow our industry partnerships and manage the Canadian Signature Experiences program.
Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, has excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully build alliances with partners. The incumbent will demonstrate a high degree of negotiation, analytical and project management skills and has a strong capacity to provide solutions to problems. If you have that, and more, come join us!
The Commercial Partnerships Lead is responsible for providing research, analysis and advice to the Executive Director and other senior management in the international, marketing and communications teams. The role will be responsible for developing and coordinating programs needed to facilitate and drive DC’s partnering revenue, collaboration and leadership with domestic based leisure travel marketing partners.
The incumbent will strengthen partnerships through a combination of strategic management, consultative skills and the ability to accelerate commercial partner needs through innovative solutions that deliver measurable results, while acting as a partner subject matter expert to internal departments.
The incumbent will also manage the Canadian Signature Experiences (CSE) collection in a way that drives value for stakeholders in the travel trade distribution channel. The role also supports the integration of signature experiences within DC’s content marketing, media/social media, trade development and Business Events Canada (BEC) initiatives.
- University degree or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
- Formal training in Project Management, Sales & Negotiations is an asset.
EXPERIENCE: When applying, the candidate must clearly demonstrate in writing how they meet the following experience criteria:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in commercial marketing or communications role within the Commercial Partner domain (i.e. airlines, accommodation, transportation, credit card, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 year of experience with project management
- Experience in Canadian tourism industry would be an asset
- Experience in developing collaborative partnerships
- Experience in stakeholder and client relationship management
- Knowledge of project management and consultation techniques
- Knowledge of financial and administrative planning
- Understanding and application of a company’s strategic principles for plans and activities
- Knowledge of economic, analytical, research techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge of the tourism commercial sector, including domestic and international trends, competitiveness, opportunities, risks and associated business climate would be an asset
- Knowledge of the principles of economics, statistics, and business finance related to the impact of policy on program evaluation and reporting
- Knowledge of tourism marketing strategies, channels and tactics
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written with an excellent ability to write well in a modern and dynamic style
- Highly developed & effective sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to influence, develop and retain relationships with stakeholders, internally and at all levels
- Excellent presentation skills, tools and techniques (e.g. slide presentations, multimedia tools)
- Strong consultative mindset and business acumen.
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities and prioritize work to meet deadlines under time pressure
- Adaptability, resourcefulness, ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office software
- Ability to deliver against strategy and measure success
- High level of discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy
PERSONAL SUITABILITY: This position requires a highly motivated, energetic collaborator with exceptionally strong presentation and interpersonal skills. Key interpersonal skills required include listening and communicating very effectively (orally and in writing), diplomacy and the ability to remain calm under pressure to coordinate timelines, tasks and deliverables schedules. Initiative balanced with consultation is a must.
ENTITLEMENT TO WORK: You must certify in your application that you are legally entitled to work in Canada or have the ability to obtain the necessary approvals to work in Canada. Destination Canada reserves the right to require that you provide proof of your legal entitlement to work in Canada at any time.
Please note that Destination Canada will not be providing relocation assistance
NOTE: You must be able to provide proof of your education credentials if requested. When applying, candidates must clearly demonstrate in writing that they meet the above-mentioned education and experience criteria.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions if you are looking for any other information.