Job term: Full-time, permanent
Salary: $50,000 per year plus benefits
Start date: July 3, 2018
Location: Toronto, Ontario with frequent travel
Closing date: May 25, 2018
Application method: Cover letter and resume sent to email@example.com
Interview Dates: Phone Interviews: May 30, 2018 & May 31, 2018, In-office Interviews: June 3, 2018 & June 5, 2018
Office Experience Date: June 17, 2018
Requirements: Applicants must be certified teachers with a valid driver’s license; must be available to attend the Summer Enrichment Program from July 11-Aug. 5, 2018 in Thunder Bay, Ontario
The Teacher Development Manager will join the Teacher Development team to work directly with Teach For Canada teachers to prepare them for teaching in a northern community and provide ongoing support. Specific responsibilities include:
- Build long-term, professional, peer relationships with approximately 15-20 teachers who are living and teaching in First Nations in northern Ontario
- Collaborate with the Teacher Development team to manage and deliver support projects for the Teach For Canada teachers including professional development, mentorship programming, peer support, personal support and data management
- Travel to communities several times per year to provide individualized support
- Work with the Teacher Development team to effectively deliver all activities throughout the Summer Enrichment Program
- Collaborate with the Teach For Canada team to ensure that teacher experiences inform teacher recruitment, selection, matching, and ongoing communications efforts
- Support the Teacher Development department’s bi‐weekly, quarterly, and annual strategic planning and review processes to improve the department’s programming
- Support the Teacher Development team in other ways as needed
- You are a teacher. You are a certified teacher and are comfortable offering classroom support to teachers in northern First Nations schools. Assets include:
- Experience teaching in Indigenous communities and/or northern Canada
- Primary, Junior, and/or Intermediate division(s) certification
- Special Education certification and/or experience
- You are a relationship‐builder. You build relationships with ease, you engage others around you, and you are a natural storyteller. You thrive under the challenges of being in an on‐call support role and have developed sustainable self‐care techniques.
- You are resilient and love travelling in northern Ontario. You love being on the move and are comfortable adapting to new situations and working from the road.
- You are a strategic thinker and problem solver. You have the ability to develop and implement initiatives that provide support and growth opportunities to educators.
- You see the bigger picture. You have a deep appreciation and respect for the history, culture, and autonomy of Indigenous communities in Canada.
Please send one PDF file containing a resume and cover letter, including initial thoughts on how to approach your role to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 25, 2018. The successful candidate will be required to apply for and obtain a Police Records Check for the vulnerable sector.
Teach For Canada is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works with Indigenous communities, we value Indigenous perspectives in the workplace and encourage Indigenous candidates to apply.