Senior Development Manager - MULTIPLE POSITIONS
Senior Development Manager
Job ID: 2709 - Excluded
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
The Senior Development Manager is responsible for the sourcing, initiation, planning, design, risk assessment and delivery of a portfolio of complex, affordable market, and mixed market housing and Owner Purchase homes through all project development phases, from initiation through to warranty inspection and occupancy. The position provides project leadership and coordination to a project team and works collaboratively with project sponsors and partners, including societies, private sector developers, market financial institutions, consultants, industry specialists, contractors, government ministries, municipality officials and Indigenous groups wanting to develop market housing, both on and off reserve. Specific responsibilities vary depending on the role BC Housing is playing in each project, but the emphasis focuses on direct project and development sector partnership delivery. The Senior Development Manager is accountable for ensuring that all due diligence requirements have been considered and completed, and that the various development, funding and finance models abide by the Provincial fiduciary requirements.
YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- University degree in business administration, project management, land use planning, or real estate development and financing or a related field
- Certification in Project Management preferred.
- Considerable project management experience relating to the development of multi-unit residential housing and mixed market residential housing, preferably with experience in purpose built rental housing, master planned developments, complex mixed market projects that may include affordable or non-profit sector housing.
- Considerable experience in identifying the business opportunities to bring forward into the Housing Hub, and promoting, generating, structuring and negotiating complex real estate deals, particularly with multiple partners and a variety of stakeholders.
- Considerable financing and underwriting experience relating to the financing and funding of multi-unit residential housing and mixed residential housing, preferably with experience in multi-lender or multi-partner market projects that may include affordable or non-profit section housing.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of overall development projects, project management philosophies, theories and principles, including land sourcing, project scoping, pro-forma budget development/financial management, scheduling, tendering, quality assurance, risk management and project team coordination
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of real estate property development and construction, and related business concepts, processes and practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of municipal planning; public consultation processes; design, development and delivery processes; project tendering and construction processes; property disclosure and real estate pre-sales or forward sales and warranty, handover and operational processes related to real estate development and construction
- Working knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s housing programs, and development and lending policies specifically relating to the development of affordable rental and mixed market housing
- Well developed negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to generate, lead and initiate planning, land acquisitions, design development, construction and due diligence activities within a regulatory framework for a range of projects, and balance diverse interests, risks and benefits in achieving project objectives
- Ability to analyze and solve complex and challenging issues, strategize options, form solutions, mitigate risks and make effective decisions, using a high degree of judgment and strong financial and business acumen
- Ability to develop, influence and manage collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders/ partners, interest groups and public
- Ability to prepare detailed and complex reports on real estate property and planning, design, development and construction matters
- Effective planning, organizational and time management skills in a complex and fast-paced environment with defined timelines
- Effective negotiation, facilitation, influencing, persuasion, conflict resolution and consensus building skills
- Effective interpersonal, project leadership and team building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, and the ability to communicate ideas and issues with a broad range of audiences, including industry professionals, clients, partners and stakeholders, where there may be diverging stakeholder objectives and opinions
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of current business applications, particularly complex spreadsheet, scheduling management and project management software
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to travel
▪ Personal Effectiveness ▪ Communication ▪ Results Oriented ▪ Teamwork ▪ Service Oriented
▪ Alignment & Results ▪ Relationship Management/Building ▪ Team Development
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.