VP, Clinical Care & Chief Nurse Executive
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Vice President, Clinical Care and Chief Nurse Executive (CNE) brings the strategic leadership and operational oversight to our acute and primary health programs in Children’s Health, Mental Health & Addictions, Women’s & Newborn Health, as well as Pharmacy, Inter-Professional Practice and Clinical Initiatives. This includes a direct operating budget of approximately $170 million and over 2,000 staff. The VP also has a significant shared leadership role, in particular with the Chief Operating Officer (COO), and Vice President, Medicine & Academic Affairs, in driving change, continuous improvement and innovation in care and service delivery.
With an ambitious strategic plan in place, we are seeking an innovative leader who can work in collaboration to advance our clinical and professional practice into the future. As the ideal candidate, you bring the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Nursing, with a Masters in administration, business or health profession
- Registered, or eligible for full registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia (CRNNS).
- Certified Health Executive (CHE) designation preferred
- Minimum of 10 years in health care, with a demonstrated track record in progressive leadership roles
- Effective, demonstrated leadership in advancing family and patient-centred care and professional practice in a progressive environment
- A strategic, systems thinker with experience leading large scale system change
- Entrepreneurial mindset and experience driving innovation and growth in a healthcare environment
- Demonstrated commitment to learning, research and knowledge transfer
- Strong skills in communication and relationship building at the individual, team, provincial and health system level
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects involving numerous internal and external stakeholders
- A strong understanding of the Maritime communities, culture and partnerships that define our healthcare environment
We are excited about the enormous opportunities ahead of us to transform the way we provided care and support the health children, youth, women and families - in our communities, our region and around the world. If you feel the same way, we would love to explore this incredible leadership opportunity with you.
We also believe that organizations perform better when senior leadership reflects a diversity of lived experiences, cultures and languages and welcome interest from all those who feel they have the talent for this position.
Expressions of interest are to be sent through https://jobs.nshealth.ca/. For a confidential conversation and further information about this opportunity, contact Arlene MacAskill at 902-470-3939 or email@example.com.