Manager, Capital Improvements
Job ID: 2705 - Excluded
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
Reporting to the Director, Capital Program Implementation the Manager Capital Improvements coordinates the delivery of renovation & rehabilitation programs for PRHC properties and external client agencies across the province. The incumbent contributes to the development of project management standards and protocols and ensures their appropriate application and implementation throughout the repair and renovation process. The incumbent facilitates and co-ordinates an assessment program of all major components and systems of directly managed housing and participates in the prioritization and planning of multi-year projects. The position coordinates the consultant and contractor selection process and acts as Project Leader for major initiatives. The incumbent contributes to establishing procurement guidelines for the use of materials and methods and acts as liaison and resource person to BC Housing Management staff and external clientele on various technical and non-technical building related issues. The Manager Capital Improvements manages the activities and performance of technical staff and supervises a staff of Project Technologists and a Team Assistant.
YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- University degree or applied technology diploma in architecture, engineering, building technology or related field from a recognized technical college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Considerable program and project management experience, with responsibility for managing significant assessment, repair and renovation construction projects; requiring extensive knowledge of asset strategies and practices pertaining to the planning, design, construction and renovation of multiple unit residential design.
- Experience associated with the financial management of capital infrastructure or comparable areas of responsibility, including annual budgetary planning.
- Working knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s programs and operating requirements.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of building codes, building design, and principles and practices related to the construction, development, remediation and renovation of multi-unit residential buildings
- Considerable knowledge of project and contract management practices.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the implementation of program activities, analyze and solve issues and make timely decisions
- Ability to manage multiple projects, coordinate work with others and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to communicate and relate effectively with contracted services, association representatives, other government agencies (local and provincial) and the public.
- Ability to plan, develop and manage cash flows and budgets
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team setting and provide direction to contracted consultants.
- Well developed supervisory, communication and interpersonal skills
- Well developed negotiation, conflict resolution, problem solving and project management skills
- Intermediate level skills in relevant software applications applicable to the work.
▪ Personal Effectiveness ▪ Communication ▪ Results Oriented ▪ Teamwork ▪ Service Oriented
▪ Alignment & Results ▪ Relationship Management/Building ▪ Team Development
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.