Leave & Benefits Administrator
Leave & Benefits Administrator
Job ID: 2676 - Excluded
Burnaby , BC
Reporting to the Supervisor, Leave & Benefits Administration, the Leave & Benefits Administrator is responsible for administering leave and benefits for approximately 700 union, management and excluded staff, in accordance with two collective agreements, Terms and Conditions of Employment, employee benefit documents and Commission policies.
YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Two years post secondary education in business administration or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of courses in payroll and benefits administration. Canadian Payroll Association Level 1 certification preferred.
- Sound experience in computerized leave and benefit administration, preferably in a unionized organization. Some experience in HR administration and accounting preferred.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the policies, practices, procedures and government regulations pertaining to the administration of employee leave and benefits and the maintenance of computerized employee records
- Good knowledge and understanding of human resource information systems, word processing and spreadsheet software
- Good knowledge and understanding of Commission policies, practices and procedures pertaining to the administration of leave and benefits
- Good accounting knowledge and ability to reconcile accounts
- Ability to understand and interpret collective agreements, Terms and Conditions of Employment and benefit policy documents respecting benefits and leave
- Ability to process additions, deductions and adjustments to the benefits and leave management systems within established time frames, work well under time pressure and with limited supervision.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in dealing with matters of a confidential nature
- Good interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management skills
- Strong detail orientation
- Strong computer and data entry skills
▪ Personal Effectiveness ▪ Communication ▪ Results Oriented ▪ Teamwork ▪ Service Oriented
▪ Alignment & Results ▪ Relationship Management/Building ▪ Team Development
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
More search results
University of Toronto - Scarborough
Executive Assistant / Adjoint ou adjointe de dire…
Destination Canada - 349294
Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba
Chief Executive Officer
The Legal Services Board of Nunavut
Director, Employment Strategies
United Way of Greater Toronto