Facilities Maintenance Coordinator
Facilities Maintenance Coordinator
Job ID: 2662
The Facilities Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the business analytics, work-order flows, cost allocation and management of the systems that track maintenance for Directly Managed and Riverview properties, as well as Commercial Rental Units in the Lower Mainland. The position oversees from an administrative perspective all three maintenance areas, and ensures that business processes align, that systems, practices, and procedures are coordinated, and that maintenance costs are allocated to the appropriate budgets. The Coordinator provides supervision to a Documentation Clerk and oversees the operations of the front office.
- High school graduation plus substantial completion of a college diploma in a relevant field of study such as business administration. Course in accounting preferred.
- Completion of a Business Analytics course and a supervisory training course.
- Minimum of four years progressive experience, including experience supervising staff;
- Experience in property maintenance and building repair, work order creation, monitoring and reporting an asset.
- Experience in using office and accounting computer systems and software; experience in extracting, analysing and formatting data from JD Edwards an asset.
- Experience administering social housing programs would be an asset
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience suitable to the employer.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- In-depth practical knowledge of the rules, practices and processes associated with program/project, accounting, and contract administration.
- Good understanding of IT systems and office/accounting applications; excellent computer skills, including a high level of technical proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, and Project; plus an interest and willingness to learn new applications and systems as required.
- Good knowledge of facility repair and maintenance processes and scheduling.
- Excellent attention to detail; good analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to find and implement practical solutions to problems.
- Ability to coordinate the administrative aspects of a site office, work independently (often while on own) and also function effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to supervise with collaborative problem solving capabilities
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment while responding to numerous diverse and shifting challenges without compromising the quality of the work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment when dealing with a broad range of audiences.
- Proficiency in the use of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Sound knowledge of accounting practices.
- Ability to work under pressure.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
f you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
More search results
University of Toronto - Scarborough
Executive Assistant / Adjoint ou adjointe de dire…
Destination Canada - 349294
Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba
Chief Executive Officer
The Legal Services Board of Nunavut
Director, Employment Strategies
United Way of Greater Toronto