Diversity & Inclusion Consultant
- Provide diversity and inclusion advice and support to People & Culture Centres of Excellence, internal clients and external applicants and businesses.
- Provide support to line management regarding diversity and inclusion practices.
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance on the interpretation and application of policies and procedures related to diversity and inclusion.
You will guide Hydro One’s strategic initiatives in Indigenous Employment and Outreach as well as other diversity groups. Hydro One recognizes that the First Nations & Métis population of Ontario has a distinct legal, historical, and cultural status, and is committed to working with the First Nations & Métis population. You will implement and evaluate HR plans, strategies, policies and programs in support of Hydro One’s goals and objectives, by using your expertise in First Nations & Métis Relations and your general diversity and inclusion expertise as your guide.
- Assist in the development and management of diversity and inclusion plans, programs and policies to enable Hydro One to deliver on corporate initiatives and hiring goals.
- Assist with the establishment and management of Hydro One's Diversity database for designated groups.
- Maintain and update Diversity Census data in SAP and analyze and report diversity statistics
- Work with the Recruitment department to ensure that diversity principles and practices related to hiring are upheld and that hiring is conducted in a bias free manner.
- Develop educational materials on diversity and inclusion issues for employees to use and present
- Represent Hydro One on committees with external stakeholders and partners such as College and University partnerships.
- Coordinate outreach initiatives for designated groups including Indigenous outreach. This includes career fairs, educational initiatives, and other programs aimed at increasing the pipeline of qualified designated group applicants to Hydro One roles.
- Provide support and advice to Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) pertaining to diversity and inclusion (i.e. Aboriginal Networking Circle)
- Coordinate scholarship programs. This includes advertisement, the review of applications, and participation in selection interviews, awarding of scholarships (in consultation with the Director, Diversity & Inclusion), providing orientation of winners, and sourcing of suitable internal work opportunities.
- Provide mentoring to new award winners and make appropriate referrals.
- Provide guidance and advice in external recruitment efforts including Students, New Grads and Trades hiring
- Monitor and report internal staff metrics by business unit to ensure that Hydro One's diversity strategies are being followed.
- Liaise with Workforce Acquisition Manager, Indigenous Relations Department, Recruitment Manager, and line management regarding diversity principles, practices and operational issues.
- Liaise with external organizations and committees on diversity and inclusion best practices and recommend new programs and initiatives.
- Fulfill other duties as required
- Specialized knowledge in Diversity and Inclusion principles and best practices which can be acquired through community college advanced certifications/diploma (i.e. HRM) equivalent educational experience or on the job experience
- A period of up to 5 years of experience in Diversity and Inclusion, Recruitment and Outreach
- Must have a strong understanding of First Nations & Métis culture
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with First Nations & Métis people
- Must have experience in presenting and speaking in front of groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using SAP, including the BI reporting function and SuccessFactors an asset
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office applications in order to perform word processing, spreadsheet management, and creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Previous experience in a unionized environment is considered an asset.
- Travel across Ontario is required.
More search results
University of Toronto - Scarborough
Executive Assistant / Adjoint ou adjointe de dire…
Destination Canada - 349294
Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba
Chief Executive Officer
The Legal Services Board of Nunavut
Director, Employment Strategies
United Way of Greater Toronto