Procurement & Contracts Manager
Procurement & Contracts Manager
Job ID: 2650 - Excluded
The Procurement & Contracts Manager is responsible for procurement, contracts and vendor management for the Lower Mainland Directly Managed Operations, which includes ensuring proper procurement process and transparency are used, supplier cost and risks are managed, vendors are effectively performance-managed and the department adheres to corporate policies, standards and legislative requirements. The majority of products and services procured relate to the repair, maintenance, modernization and improvement of buildings and grounds of directly managed housing stock and Group Homes in the Lower Mainland.
YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- University or College degree or diploma in a relevant discipline such as business, finance or economics.
- Designation in a registered Supply Chain Management Program as an accredited Professional or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable experience in public procurement and contract management for a complex public sector organization, including experience in establishing and implementing best practice procurement, contract and vendor management processes and procedures in a complex administrative and financial environment.
- Courses and/or experience in: procurement, contract management, project management, building envelope principles, construction standards including regulatory requirements are highly desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the philosophies, practices and processes of procurement and contract management
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s programs and operating requirements.
- Ability to plan and manage the implementation of a procurement and contract management framework that supports the region’s business activities while adhering to corporate policies and practices, regulatory requirements and the standards of the profession.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with corporate and regional managers and staff, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders, exhibit diplomacy and tact in discussion of sensitive issues, and resolve conflicts while maintaining good business relationships.
- Ability to co-ordinate work with others, keep management apprised of major issues, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Effective consultative, facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution, problem solving and consensus building skills.
- Effective planning, organizational and leadership skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team setting.
- Strong Microsoft office skills including: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Valid BC Driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
▪ Personal Effectiveness ▪ Communication ▪ Results Oriented ▪ Teamwork ▪ Service Oriented
▪ Alignment & Results ▪ Relationship Management/Building ▪ Team Development
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.