Licensed Insurance Advisor, Life Sales, RBC Insurance Advice Centre
What is the opportunity?
We will be hiring multiple successful candidates from this requisition, and looking forward to reviewing your resumes!
We are looking for dynamic individuals with a passion for helping people to join our fast-paced Life Sales team at the RBC Insurance Advice Centre. As a Licensed Insurance Advisor, you will proactively interact with clients over the phone, providing them with insurance advice and solutions based on their individual needs. Your ability to provide superior customer service, build rapport and gain the clients’ confidence will be critical to your success. With the ultimate goal of strengthening client relationships, you will contribute to an individual and team sales plan, successfully achieved through spotting opportunities, providing advice, selling solutions and referring to partners.
Advice Centre hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 10:00 pm & Saturday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm. We are looking for candidates who are fully flexible and able to work a variety of shifts within these hours, based on the needs of the business.
This is a sourcing requisition to staff various training opportunities in 2018.
What will you do?
- You will proactively contact clients to identify potential opportunities and uncover client needs, and will also assist in handling inbound calls from clients, providing them with an exceptional client experience and the appropriate advice and solutions to meet their needs.
- Complete personalized needs assessments and reviews by leveraging tools, resources, and calculators to demonstrate value and support advice recommendations
- Provide insurance advice and solutions to clients based on their needs and ensure clients are charged premiums that correspond with risks
- Exhibit a consistent, positive client experience with every conversation and resolve client concerns at the point of first-call, demonstrating the ability to connect through discussion and escalate as necessary
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of regulatory risk when writing and updating new business policies
- Apply critical thinking during client interactions in order to identify and analyze acceptable and unacceptable risks
- Use procedures effectively and seamlessly during calls
What do you need to succeed?
- Qualified candidates MUST have obtained their Life License Qualification Program (LLQP) to begin work in this position
- Post-secondary education or the equivalent (College diploma or University degree preferred)
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts as our centre is open extended hours in order to better help our clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid opportunity spotting and closing skills that contribute to overall team sales plan
- Bilingual, fluent in French and English
- Knowledge of insurance products (Home & Auto, Life, Travel)
- Experience in a proactive sales environment.
- Proven professional sales experience, and success in meeting and exceeding sales targets in a contact centre environment
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- 3 week vacation to start
- A comprehensive Total Rewards package including flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and stock options
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team. By joining RBC Insurance, you also become part of a supportive, inclusive team that shares common values – including a fundamental respect for each other
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 6880 Financial Drive, Tower 1
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Call Centre
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2018-03-05
Req ID: 146704
Posting Notes: [[mfield1]]