Manager, Financial Analysis & Reporting
Job ID: 2677 - Excluded
Burnaby , BC
The Manager Financial Analysis & Reporting is responsible for coordinating the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and other financial reports/analyses for review by the Senior Manager and/or Director Finance, and subsequent presentation to the Executive, Board, external partners, the Ministry responsible for Housing, Treasury Board/Staff and the Canada Mortgage Housing Corporation (CMHC). The position prepares long term cash flow forecasts and oversees the preparation of various reports for the Commission’s programs and initiatives. The position manages the core financial structure of the Finance system, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne (JDE1), develops and manages models, programs and reporting tools to support business and corporate reporting requirements, and designs and develops financial reports to provide current, important and relevant information for decision making. The Manager conducts financial and cost/benefit analyses of current and anticipated programs and initiatives, prepares financial analysis and models to support the development of Treasury Board submissions, and leads and manages special projects of a financial analysis and reporting nature. The incumbent provides advice and guidance to Commission managers regarding the effective use of financial resources and options to enhance financial and business performance.
YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- University degree in commerce, business administration, finance, public administration, economics or a related field, or an equivalent amount of education and experience including courses in accounting, cash flow analysis, forecasting and financial analysis. An accounting degree, diploma or designation is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with considerable and progressively more responsible financial experience in a large computerized accounting operation in the public or non-profit sector, including considerable experience in financial reporting and analysis.
- Considerable knowledge of financial reporting and analysis functions, specifically within the government and housing development environments.
- Knowledge of mission-critical corporate enterprise applications such as JD Edwards, WebFOCUS, and the Central Property System (CPS) preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of financial reporting/analysis models and frameworks
- Considerable knowledge of financial, accounting and reporting systems, processes and controls
- Knowledge and understanding of the Commission’s programs and operating requirements, relevant legislation, and the role of central agencies preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to conduct research, undertake complex financial analyses and facilitate improved financial and business decision-making.
- Demonstrated initiative and follow through skills including the ability to work under the direction of, or leading several people, organize and prioritize work, and meet deadlines within shifting environments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to manage relationships and exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment when dealing with a broad range of audiences.
- Strategic orientation, detail orientation and well-developed business acumen.
- Effective report writing and presentation skills, and well-developed problem solving and conceptual thinking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word and Access.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team setting.
▪ Personal Effectiveness ▪ Communication ▪ Results Oriented ▪ Teamwork ▪ Service Oriented
▪ Alignment & Results ▪ Relationship Management/Building ▪ Team Development
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.