Infrastructure Support Analyst
Job ID: 2687
Apply your skills and experience to a dynamic IT setting
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
You are a high caliber network administrator, and an analytical thinker with strong communication skills. You excel at learning and adapting to new technologies and perform strongly under pressure.
You have a degree or diploma in information technology or computer science and 2 years of experience administering a corporate network environment in a second level support role.
As one of five infrastructure specialists in our technical services division, you will provide vital administration and support for a variety of infrastructure functions. Your varied day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- providing second-level support for infrastructure issues affecting clients
- performing regular monitoring, testing, and tuning as changes occur to the production environment across multiple data centers.
- providing leadership for improvements to the infrastructure systems.
As a minimum requirement for this position, your experience must include intermediate or above expertise for:
- Citrix XenApp 6 or above, XenDesktop, and NetScaler CAG
- Windows server OS 2008 R2 – 2016, AD Domain management and using Microsoft PowerShell for administrative duties.
- Network proficiency and enterprise level experience with either VMWare 6 or above, or an equivalent virtualization technology.
Additional knowledge and expertise of any of the following technology areas would be a welcome asset:
- Exchange 2013, Office 365 EOP and SMTP gateway appliances
- NetScaler 11 on SDX load balancing, VPX, GSLB, or other load balancer expertise
- Azure & Office 365 cloud technologies, and Intune
- Linux OS,
- Cisco networking
- CommVault Backup
BC Housing offers an attractive environment for IT specialists. We are leading the way with new technology, new systems and new processes—all designed to implement the ideas that help BC Housing change people's lives for the better. You can expect to work with a state-of-the-art datacentre featuring: 700+ Windows and Linux servers, VMware vSphere Clusters, EMC SAN and Cisco Unified communications; ample opportunity for cross-skill utilization; and Citrix teleworking support.
To share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and supports the growth and development of its people, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. Our compensation is competitive and our benefits are excellent.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.