POSITION: Full -time, permanent
POSITION: Community Impact and Strategy
REPORTS TO: Director, Communications
BASIC FUNCTION: To support the implementation of United Way Toronto & York Region’s (UWTYR) annual communications plan, with a focus on external stakeholders.
At United Way, we are driven by our passion for creating positive change for our communities. We are looking for a Manager, Communications to develop and execute a strategic communications plan that is firmly rooted in our mission to fight local poverty in all its forms.
- Develop and execute communications plans to support United Way’s priorities and objectives and build awareness of and affinity for United Way’s mission
- Develop key messages and communications materials for organizational priorities and emerging issues
- Source stories, contribute to story development and produce original content for multiple channels that builds understanding of United Way’s strategic evolution and community impact agenda
- Produce diverse communications materials including media advisories/releases, speeches, issue briefs and talking points, and materials for print, broadcast and digital
- Manage liaison with UWTYR’s partner organizations on communications and public relations issues
- Develop and deliver communications and message training for staff and volunteers
- Actively maintain and grow the stakeholder database, assist in monitoring quantity and brand/message quality of UWTYR media coverage, track and report media relations and message metrics
- Provide PR and communications support for United Way events
- Manage key initiatives and special projects as assigned
- A love of community, with a passion for creating positive change for our communities
- More than 3 years of experience executing highly successful integrated communications campaigns that deliver on objectives
- Proven ability to execute communications tactics to a diverse audience of stakeholders including government, community organizations, volunteers, media, and the general public
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to gather and analyse information needed for problem solving and decision making
- Ability to influence, negotiate and manage contentious issues to resolution
- Ability to coordinate and modify projects, working with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, foster and grow constituent relationships
- Proven organizational abilities and the ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines under pressure
- Proven ability to take initiative and carry projects to completion with minimum supervision
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and constituent service skills including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse employee population and multiple stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to adapt narratives to the identified/targeted medium and audience
- Affinity for embracing new communications trends, technology and tools in an evolving media and communications landscape
Interested candidates please go to https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=uwgt.org&jobId=185361&lang=en_CA&source=CC2 and click 'apply', no later than Tuesday, March 27, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that due to the volume of resumes, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
UWTYR offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process. If you are contacted by UWTYR regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.