The next generation of oil sands mining.
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial invests in new technology to responsibly meet today’s energy challenges, reducing our environmental footprint and remaining committed to high safety standards.
Imperial is looking for an experienced consultation specialist to support major development plans and ongoing operational projects in the Athabasca, AB region. This dynamic position is part of the company’s Indigenous collaboration team. Duties include developing and implementing an Indigenous and stakeholder consultation strategy for regulatory projects; supporting regulatory and permitting processes to minimize opposition by anticipating concerns and collaborating on solutions; managing all local consultation activities with Indigenous communities and stakeholders (industry, local governments, landowners and trapline holders); developing communication materials and coordinating open houses, technical workshops and meetings; jointly developing consultation plans with Indigenous communities; and interfacing with the Aboriginal Consultation Office.
The successful applicant will possess a combination of the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Post-secondary education in land, community relations or related disciplines preferred
- Extensive experience in Indigenous relations, preferably in the natural resource sector
- Technical understanding of the integrated oil and gas industry and related regulation, including Alberta’s First Nation and Métis consultation policies and guidelines
- Track record of success in similar work assignments
- Advanced relationship-building and collaboration skills
- Competent in issues management and conflict resolution
- Appreciation for workforce diversity
- Experience participating in emergency response as it relates to Indigenous relations
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel
Application deadline: February 28, 2018
Benefits to you:
Imperial offers competitive compensation, vacation and benefits packages including salary, healthcare and savings plan contributions. Imperial provides comprehensive training and supports employees in ongoing learning and continuous professional development.
Successful applicants must:
• Be permanently eligible to work in Canada
• Participate in pre-employment background screening
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Discover what’s possible for your career and apply today at imperialoil.ca/careers
LinkedIn/Imperial-Oil • Twitter/ImperialOil • YouTube/ImperialOil