The next generation of oil sands mining.
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial invests in new technology to responsibly meet today’s energy challenges, reducing our environmental footprint and remaining committed to high safety standards.
Our Kearl oil sands operation north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, represents the next generation of oil sands mining, and is positioned to provide exciting career opportunities well into the future. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
Heavy Duty Mechanic/Technician Shovels
Imperial is hiring several Heavy Duty Mechanics/Technician Shovels to safely and efficiently maintain both Caterpillar 7495 Electric and Komatsu PC8000 Hydraulic Shovels during our Kearl oil sands mining operation. Reporting to a Mine Maintenance Supervisor, these positions are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of heavy equipment in an oil sands environment.
The successful applicant will possess a combination of the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Heavy Duty Journeyman Mechanic or Millwright eligible to work in Alberta
- 5 years’ electric shovel (Caterpillar 7495/Bucyrus 495) experience preferred
- Valid class 5 driver's license and a safe driving record
- Related experience in oil sands mining would be an asset
- Ability to work both independently and respectfully as a supportive team
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to safe operations and continuous improvement
- Proficiency on computer and computerized maintenance tools usage
Benefits to you:
Imperial offers competitive compensation, vacation and benefits packages including salary, healthcare and savings plan contributions. Imperial provides comprehensive training and supports employees in ongoing learning and continuous professional development.
Successful applicants must:
• Be permanently eligible to work in Canada
• Participate in pre-employment background screening
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Discover what’s possible for your career and apply today at imperialoil.ca/careers
LinkedIn/Imperial-Oil • Twitter/ImperialOil • YouTube/ImperialOil