Communications Coordinator - Community Relations
Job ID: 2661
Short Term/Full Time (approximately 1 year)
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for a wide range of communications and community relations activities, with the primary emphasis being on supporting public engagement strategies for major new construction, redevelopment and renovation initiatives; coordinating tenant communications; and assisting with program outreach to increase awareness of BC Housing’s role in developing, protecting and maintaining affordable housing in British Columbia.
Completion of a college diploma in communications.
One to two years directly-related experience in communications or public engagement, including experience coordinating events, working directly with the public and various stakeholders and creating a variety of materials. Some experience in the public sector preferred.
A suitable combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good writing and editing skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work with graphic designers, agencies and contractors
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures, with scrupulous attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently and as a team player
- Strong ability to work with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.