The next generation of oil sands mining.
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial invests in new technology to responsibly meet today’s energy challenges, reducing our environmental footprint and remaining committed to high safety standards.
Our Kearl oil sands operation north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, represents the next generation of oil sands mining, and is positioned to provide exciting career opportunities well into the future. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
Reporting to Plant Shift Foremen, the Plant Operator is expected to safely and efficiently operate unit(s) within the plant environment, including Ore Preparation/Hydro Transport, Extraction, Froth Treatment, Fine Tailings Treatment and Utilities.
The successful applicant will possess a combination of the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum 3rd class steam ticket
- Related experience within the oil sands, oil and gas processing, or utility sector would be an asset
- Various levels of plant operator experience
- Valid class 5 driver's license
- Basic computer skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to build good, respectful working relationships
- Emergency response training preferred
Please submit your resume by March 11, 2018
Benefits to you:
Imperial offers competitive compensation, vacation and benefits packages including salary, healthcare and savings plan contributions. Imperial provides comprehensive training and supports employees in ongoing learning and continuous professional development.
The start date is March 2018.
Successful applicants must:
• Be permanently eligible to work in Canada
• Participate in pre-employment background screening
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Discover what’s possible for your career and apply today at imperialoil.ca/careers
LinkedIn/Imperial-Oil • Twitter/ImperialOil • YouTube/ImperialOil