Job ID: 2627
The Manager, Commissioning works with the project teams to ensure that proper commissioning occurs on all building projects (New Construction and Renovation) and that, at project completion, all building systems are operating optimally and as intended to meet the client’s needs. The manager is responsible for coordinating re-commissioning at facilities in operation, with the goal of ensuring that the portfolio’s building systems are functioning optimally. The incumbent puts in place procedures and standards and recommends policy related to Commissioning requirements for the organization.
You bring to the role:
- Applied technology degree or diploma in architecture, engineering (civil), building technology or related field from a recognized technical college.
- Certification as a Commissioning Professional (CPP) through the Building Commissioning Certification Board, or sufficient knowledge and experience to become certified.
- Considerable (minimum five years) related work experience in managing commissioning efforts in a variety of construction projects of varying size and type in the residential construction industry.
- Considerable Commissioning experience, with responsibility for the commissioning process, including verification techniques and analysis, systems and equipment operation and facilities management.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of commissioning of building systems, commissioning principles, and related legislation, by-laws, building codes, building design, and municipal approval and inspection processes affecting high rise and low rise residential development and construction.
- In depth knowledge of sustainable construction practices and the methods and materials relating to the construction, development, remediation and renovation of multi-unit wood frame and non-combustible residential buildings.
- In depth knowledge of various practices relating to construction management including construction cost analysis methods and standard forms of construction contracts, including CCDC-2 and CCA 5.
- In depth knowledge of energy efficient design and building elements, and of the principles of value engineering
- Good knowledge of construction and market trends, and current knowledge of standard construction costs to resolve contract administration disputes, recommend consultant claims and change orders, and prepare budget estimates.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Commission’s operations and housing programs and policies.
- Ability to plan, implement, maintain, control and evaluate commissioning activities, analyze and solve issues and make effective decisions to ensure assigned commissioning processes meet budgets, targets and objectives.
- Ability to review, analyze and understand project budgets and analyze costs.
- Ability to provide technical leadership, direction and mentorship to staff in commissioning philosophies and practices
- Advanced negotiation, facilitation, conflict resolution, problem solving and consensus building skills.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Effective project and technical leadership skills.
▪ Personal Effectiveness ▪ Communication ▪ Results Oriented ▪ Teamwork ▪ Service Oriented
▪ Alignment & Results ▪ Relationship Management/Building ▪ Team Development
Please review the Job Description prior to applying.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.