Digital Marketing Manager
Indspire is a national Indigenous-led charity that invests in the education of Indigenous people for the long term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada. With the support of its funding partners, Indspire disburses financial awards, delivers programs, and shares resources with the goal of closing the gap in Indigenous education. Through Indspire’s K-12 Institute, it provides resources to educators, communities, and other stakeholders who are committed to improving outcomes for Indigenous youth.
Never has there been a better time to join this national leader. We are currently recruiting for a Digital Marketing Manager. In this role, you will report to the Director, Marketing and Communications, working with the Marketing and Communications Team and other internal stakeholders. You will act as digital marketing and social media expert and help ensure Indspire is at the forefront of current digital and social media best practices, and has a strong online presence to engage its stakeholders across Canada effectively. You will manage website redesign, content development and digital branding guidelines.
The position responsibilities of the Digital Marketing Manager include:
- Builds and executes social media strategy and engagement campaigns that attract stakeholders and support giving to develop a truly digi-centric strategic approach for Indspire
- Develops content, in English , that shares Indspire’s impact on Indigenous issues across all digital and social media channels, that builds meaningful connections and encourages stakeholders to take action and support Indspire’s giving strategy
- Maintains Indspire’s presence across all relevant social media platforms, including writing engaging content and relevant digital imagery
- Owns and maintains site analytics, metrics, campaign reporting, including recommendations for optimizing website and social media engagement across both internal and external stakeholders
- Creates digital editorial content calendar and messages specifics to campaigns and events, taking into account optimal posting schedule (considering web traffic and stakeholder engagement metrics)
- Monitors online discussion forums and social media to manage Indspire’s brand perception and acts quickly to report any issues or opportunities arising
- Develops and updates monthly newsletter and other online tools as required
- Promotes events (conferences, speaking engagements, webinars, donor events, etc.) pre, during and post event
- Manages and updates content on current webpages with active stories and calls-to-action
- Continually monitors and keeps informed about social media data/metrics, trends, innovations and issues in online marketing, changes to social media platforms and recommends strategies and new tools to Director, Communications and Marketing
- Degree or diploma in Public Relations, Media, Communications or equivalent
- Progressive experience, usually demonstrated through a minimum of 5 years or more experience in a similar role, including at least 3-4 within a digital agency
- Knowledge of the issues affecting Indigenous peoples and experience in Indigenous communities preferred
- Strong knowledge of and passion for digital and interactive creative, and eagerness to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop best-in-class digital solutions
- Experience managing websites and content, leading campaign development, creative brief development and leading creative execution
- In depth knowledge of SEO and Adwords programs
- Understand at an intermediate level how CMS systems work and have ability to learn new systems and backend procedures
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- Good multi-tasking and organizational ability
- Excellent writing skills, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Design skills with ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Technical knowledge in photography and videography an asset
- French language skills an asset*sist and sometimes forms, including online.ear?
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekends and possess a willingness to travel within Canada.
How to Apply
This is a full-time position and can be based at Indspire’s Toronto or Six Nations office. The salary range is competitive with a good benefit package, including pension plan. We are an Indigenous led organization whose mandate is to promote opportunities for Indigenous people. We encourage applications from qualified Indigenous persons and all others interested in the position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Indspire, visit indspire.ca.
To apply, please forward your résumé, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
No agency calls please.
Deadline for Applications: January 19th, 2018