Job ID: 2607
Short Term/Full Time - (approximately 1 year)
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
The Accountant performs accounting duties of some complexity and diversity, requiring knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and processes of the accounting discipline. Duties include conducting complex bank reconciliations, administering various accounts, preparing journal entries and schedules, and reconciling accounts at month and year-end.
Successful completion of the mid level of a recognized accounting program towards obtaining an accounting designation.
Minimum of 3 years directly related and progressive work experience in a high volume computerized financial accounting environment.
Or equivalent combination education, training and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and processes of the accounting discipline
- Comprehensive practical knowledge of accounting procedures, working paper preparation, internal controls and business practices;
- Advanced practical knowledge of computerized accounting systems and spreadsheet software (Excel) .
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with figures and high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong analytical, investigative and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.