Our Home & Auto team is actively hiring and looking for customer service and sales oriented people to join our team!
What is the opportunity?
We will be hiring multiple successful candidates from this requisition, and looking forward to reviewing your resumes!
We are looking for dynamic individuals with a passion for helping people to join our fast-paced Home and Auto team at the RBC Insurance Advice Centre. As our Licensed Insurance Advisor, you will interact with clients over the phone, and provide them with insurance advice and solutions based on their individual needs. Your ability to provide superior customer service, build rapport and gain the clients’ confidence will be critical to your success. With the ultimate goal of strengthening client relationships, you will contribute to an individual and team sales plan, successfully achieved through spotting opportunities, selling solutions and referring to partners.
The Home & Auto Advice centre is open Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 8:30pm and Saturday 8:30am – 4:30pm. Successful candidates must be fully flexible to work a variety of shifts within these business hours.
Current training opportunities will commence in Spring 2018.
What will you do?
- Complete personalized needs assessments and reviews by leveraging tools, resources, and calculators to demonstrate value and support advice recommendations
- Provide insurance advice and solutions to clients based on their needs and ensure clients are charged premiums that correspond with risks
- Exhibit a consistent, positive client experience with every conversation and resolve client concerns at the point of first-call, demonstrating the ability to connect through discussion and escalate as necessary
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of regulatory risk when writing and updating new business policies
- Apply critical thinking during client interactions in order to identify and analyze acceptable and unacceptable risks
- Perform front-line underwriting of Home and Auto policies
- Use procedures effectively and seamlessly during calls
What do you need to succeed?
- Willingness and ability to successfully obtain the General Insurance License (Other Than Life) for all provinces
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts as our centre is open extended hours in order to better help our clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual, fluent in French and English
- Post-secondary education or the equivalent
- Knowledge of insurance products (Home & Auto, Life, Travel)
- Proven professional sales experience, and success in meeting and exceeding sales targets in a contact centre environment
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards package including flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and stock options
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team. By joining RBC Insurance, you also become part of a supportive, inclusive team that shares common values – including a fundamental respect for each other
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 6880 Financial Drive, Tower One
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Call Centre
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2018-03-02
Req ID: 148025
Posting Notes: [[mfield1]]