25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2V5
President's Choice Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited (LCL) and was established to promote President's Choice Financial services offered by strategic partners in all regions of Canada. PCF has grown to over 3 million customers earning millions in better interest rates, free groceries and other rewards. It operates in the following segments:
- Mastercard: The President's Choice Financial MasterCard is offered and operated by President's Choice Bank.
- Insurance: Home and auto insurance, travel and pet insurance are offered through affiliates and relationships with several insurance companies.
- PC Services, which includes PC Financial Insurance, PC Mobile, The Mobile Shop, Prepaid Cell Phones Express and gift card businesses, is a new business in growth mode.
- PC Optimum: All PCF customers have the opportunity to earn PC Optimum Points that can be redeemer in a LCL and SDM stores.
Loblaws Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited (LCL). LCL is Canada's largest food distributor and has expanded into certain non-food categories, with operations across the country. LCL concentrates on food retailing with the objective of providing consumers with the best in one-stop shopping for everyday household needs.
PCF is an important business unit within LCL that manages and develops the products and service programs in order to improve the customer experience, maximize value, and provide a platform to enhance customer insights and relationships. PCF's vision is to provide superior value financial products to consumers.
The Systems Analyst is responsible for researching problems, planning solutions, recommending system changes/upgrades, and coordinating development to meet business objectives. The Systems Analyst will also serve as the liaison between our vendors and IT for all assigned projects.
What You'll Do:
- Lead/manage technical areas as required ensuring deliverables are brought in on-time, within budget, while meeting quality targets
- Create technical solutions that meet the business requirements and IT Standards.
- Document Technical solutions and specifications, including non-functional requirements
- Communicate and describe the design of the technical solutions to internal and external teams
- Work with business units to identify & analyze complex issues/problems
- Oversee support for the QA group, as it relates to solutions
- Ensure comprehensive documentation is provided and maintained
- Identify opportunities for optimizing business and systems effectiveness
- Assist the client in clearly defining needs and concerns, and translating these into the physical definition of a system solution
- Identify when projects appear to be deviating from plan or objectives; raising issues and proposing solutions with management
- Strong relationship management skills; using influence to work with stakeholders
- Balancing complex business and technical issues to develop an effective business/system solution
- Providing regular status reports on task and project items
- Works independently and seeks advice with recommendations, after reviewing multiple options.
- Works on enhancements and projects, one or multiple concurrently
- Acts as SME on solutions
- Understands impact of solution design on other systems/projects
What You'll Need:
- 6 - 8 years' experience in a distributed and/or mainframe systems environment, as a Systems Analyst, or similar role.
- Previous experience in both development and maintenance environments which may have included project leading responsibilities.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities while completing assignments successfully
- Thorough knowledge of the business operations and issues
- Card Processing and Banking environment background.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable when dealing with change.
- Strong understanding of system design and development (database structures, batch and real time interfaces) and production processes.
- Thorough understanding and practical application of analytical tools and methodologies, design concepts, programming techniques and training methodologies.
- Ability to prepare schedules and status reports, delegate & monitor effectively.
- Card processing and banking background experience (Financial, not insurance or wealth management related)
- Extensive experience with real-time and batch interface design and implementations, including sequence diagrams and documentation
- Experience designing and implementing micro-services
- Experience with SOAP/XML and RESTFUL/JSON schema design and implementation
- Experience with database structures and relational database design and modeling
- Solutions design experience.
- Enterprise project experience
- Experience with the SDLC (Software development lifecycle)
- Ability to breakdown business requirements, and then design a solution integrating multiple internal and external systems/processes
- Experience presenting solutions to vendors, partners and internal teams.
- Ability to work with remote teams, partners and vendors on solutions, design, development, testing and implementation, in a positive and collaborative manner; while ensuring that the business and technical requirements are being met.
- Ability to lead teams through solutions for technical defects, and recommend solutions.
- Technical solution design and documentation experience
- Ability to present technical solutions in a non-technical way
- Experience working with and/or designing systems to integrate with TSYS
- Experience working with campaign management systems, Smart Card Management System, Loyalty systems
- Experience with Financial/Banking security (encryption, PCI, etc.)
- Experience as a Sr. Developer
- Experience as a Sr. Systems Analyst
- Experience as a System/Solution Architect
- Experience with TOGAF
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.