The successful candidate will be focused on and responsible for the safe planning and execution of rotating equipment maintenance. The candidate will supervise and provide planning and leadership support, including creation of safe job plans, that requires multiple trade skills, materials requisitioning and job scheduling.
- Must possess industry applicable interprovincial Journeyperson trade ticket, preference will be given to millwright and machinery tickets.
- High school diploma or equivalent is a requirement
- Minimum 8 years of plant experience in planning or supervision
- Experience in usage of a behavior based safety system
- Experience in routine maintenance will be considered a high value asset, as would experience with turnarounds
- Experience with SAP and/or Primavera (training will be provided)
- Experience in fixed equipment root cause failure analysis and troubleshooting to generate repair recommendations
- Highly self-motivated and able to able to identify and self-resolve issues independently with little supervision
- Strong verbal/written communication, interpersonal and computer skills.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and a safe driving record
Start date: December 18, 2017
Location: Edmonton, AB
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enable you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Competitive vacation package - provides you with three weeks of vacation (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date) and one scheduled Friday off per month.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: October 29, 2017
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.