Senior Director, Fraud
25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2V5 Canada
President's Choice Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited and was established to promote President's Choice Financial services offered by strategic partners in all regions of Canada. President's Choice Financial has grown to over 3 million customers while saving these customers millions in bank fees and earning them millions in better interest rates, free groceries and other rewards. It operates in the following segments:
- MasterCard-The President's Choice Financial MasterCard is offered and operated by President's Choice Bank.
- Insurance-Home and auto insurance, travel and pet insurance are offered through relationships with several insurance companies.
- PC Points-All PCF customers have the opportunity to earn PC Points that can be redeemed in all LCL stores.
PCF's vision is to provide superior value financial products to consumers. The business strategy is to treat each customer as a unique individual, meeting their needs with end-to-end solutions, and engaging and energizing employees to serve them, while maximizing overall profitability. PCF offers consumers meaningful advantages in product value, product selection and a loyalty program, all of which advance objectives of enhancing its business model, gaining market share and improving profitability.
PCF is an important business unit within LCL that manages and develops the products and service programs in order to improve the customer experience, maximize value, and provide a platform to enhance customer insights and relationships. PCF is responsible for building market competitive, differentiated and innovative financial services products and services designed to build deeper customer relationships by meeting customer needs and supporting our key enterprise strategies.
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President of Credit Risk and Fraud, the Senior Director, Fraud is responsible for providing leadership and direction on the creation of new and refinement of existing fraud strategies throughout the customer lifecycle, identification of emerging fraud trends, identification of financial metrics of fraud prevention and loss, integration of new tools/methodologies.
The Senior Director of Fraud is responsible to:
- Provide thought leadership to design and implement a fraud management strategic plan for credit lending and emerging payment products.
- Obtain senior leadership engagement to execute the strategic plan via partner relationships, internal relationships, and providing leadership, direction and opportunities to the fraud team.
- Lead a diverse high performance team to drive business results while fostering a collaborative environment.
- Responsible for fraud losses on the P&L while balancing customer experience
- Foster relationships with external groups (service providers, industry peers) to keep abreast of emerging industry trends, tools and technology to;
- Evaluate and recommend new tools to prevent and mitigate fraud, and
- Use innovative ideas to maximize the use of existing tools and technology.
- Foster relationships with internal business groups (credit risk, product, operations) to ensure that fraud risk is addressed in all business initiatives.
- Using diverse technology, industry best practices and data analytics to increase fraud prediction and prevention capabilities.
- Employ a philosophy of iterative improvement to create continuous advances in fraud loss results.
- Prioritize projects and ensure that fraud risk strategies are implemented on time and on schedule, ensuring proper communication and roll-out to operations.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective relationships with vendors through proactive management and governance practices.
- Post-Secondary Education in a quantitative field (Economics, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Ops Research)
- 10+ years of progressive Fraud Management experience including leadership of a Fraud Management team, with a demonstrated ability to build, coach, lead and mentor teams
- Experience with fraud analysis platforms is an asset.
- Hands on data management and analysis experience with SAS and Microsoft Office products; additional experience with data modeling tools would be an asset.
- Proven analytical and conceptual thinking ability.
- Understanding of credit card inherent risk dynamics, lending and payment products profitability dynamics.
- Possess the ability to be innovative, think strategically and build & execute programs that deliver on our strategy.
- Knowledge of EMV chip card technology preferred
- Knowledge of fraud management systems (e.g. PRM, Falcon and TSYS) preferred
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.