Do you thrive in front-line customer service roles?
Do you enjoy working in a stimulating, fast-paced, high-volume environment?
If so, please consider this opportunity to provide bilingual reception services at the Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation as we work to build stronger, more prosperous partnerships with First Nations, Métis and Inuit in Ontario.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will provide reception services in both English and French, as well as provide a variety of clerical support service such as:
• answering the main telephone line for the Ministry
• routing calls
• taking messages
• redirecting callers to other parts of the Ministry
• booking meeting rooms
• proofreading a variety of correspondence
• opening and distributing incoming mail
• preparing and packaging outgoing mail
How do I qualify?
• You have advanced level proficiency in oral and written English and French.
Communication and customer service skills:
• You have experience providing front-line reception services.
• You have proven communication and customer service skills to respond to routine and general inquiries.
• You have written communication skills to compose and proofread a variety of correspondence.
• You have experience performing a variety of clerical tasks.
• You have advanced proficiency with standard office equipment.
Other important skills:
• You have advanced proficiency with common office software (e.g. word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, email, etc.).
• You have analytical and problem-solving skills to clarify client requests and probe for additional information in order to provide a response or redirect the client to the appropriate area of the Ministry.
• You have organization skills to independently set priorities and manage your workload.
Salary Range: $806.93 - $938.88 per week
- 1 Bilingual Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with the possibility of extension), 160 Bloor St E, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Friday, October 27, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 112608 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.