25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2V5 Canada
President's Choice Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited and was established to promote President's Choice Financial services offered by strategic partners in all regions of Canada. President's Choice Financial has grown to over 3 million customers while saving these customers millions in bank fees and earning them millions in better interest rates, free groceries and other rewards. It operates in the following segments:
- MasterCard-The President's Choice Financial MasterCard is offered and operated by President's Choice Bank.
- Insurance-Home and auto insurance, travel and pet insurance are offered through relationships with several insurance companies.
- PC Points-All PCF customers have the opportunity to earn PC Points that can be redeemed in all LCL stores.
PCF's vision is to provide superior value financial products to consumers. The business strategy is to treat each customer as a unique individual, meeting their needs with end-to-end solutions, and engaging and energizing employees to serve them, while maximizing overall profitability. PCF offers consumers meaningful advantages in product value, product selection and a loyalty program, all of which advance objectives of enhancing its business model, gaining market share and improving profitability.
PCF is an important business unit within LCL that manages and develops the products and service programs in order to improve the customer experience, maximize value, and provide a platform to enhance customer insights and relationships. PCF is responsible for building market competitive, differentiated and innovative financial services products and services designed to build deeper customer relationships by meeting customer needs and supporting our key enterprise strategies.
- Team fit and experience
- Financial banking experience
- Communications and confidence, as they will be talking to the business frequently
- Technical Solution design and documentation experience
- Ability to present technical solutions in a non-technical way
- Note - This is not a Solutions Architecture job.
- Banking background experience (Financial, not insurance related)
- Extensive experience with real-time and batch interface design and implementations, familiarity with sequence diagrams
- Experience designing and implementing micro-services
- Experience with database structures and relational database design and modeling
- Experience with SOAP/XML and RESTFUL/JSON schema design
- Solutions design experience.
- Large scale enterprise project experience
- Experience with the SDLC (Software development lifecycle)
- Ability to breakdown business requirements, and then design the solution integrating multiple systems and processes
- Present solutions to vendors, partners and internal teams.
- Ability to work with remote teams, partners and vendors on solutions, design, development, testing and implementation
- Ability to lead teams through solutions for technical defects, and recommend solutions.
- Lead/manage technical areas as required ensuring deliverables are brought in on time, within budget and quality targets
- Create technical solutions that meet the business requirements and IT Standards.
- Document and communicate technical solutions to internal and external teams.
- Work with business units to identify & analyze more complex issues/problems; designing and implementing solutions
- Oversee support for the QA group
- Ensure training to systems staff and client is provided
- Responsible to ensure comprehensive documentation is provided and maintained
- Identifying and implementing opportunity for optimizing business and systems effectiveness
- Assisting the client in clearly defining needs and concerns, and translating these into the physical definition of a system solution
- Identifying when projects appear to be deviating from plan or objectives; raising issues and proposing solutions with management
- Strong relationship management skills; using influence to work with stakeholders
- Balancing complex business and technical issues to develop an effective business/system solution
- 6 - 8 years' experience in a distributed and/or mainframe systems environment.
- Previous experience in both development and maintenance environments which may have included project leading responsibilities.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities while completing assignments successfully
- Thorough knowledge of the business operations and issues
- Card Processing and Banking environment background is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable when dealing with change.
- Strong understanding of system design and development (database structures, batch and real time interfaces) and production processes.
- Thorough understanding and practical application of analytical tools and methodologies, design concepts, programming techniques and training methodologies.
- Ability to prepare schedules and status reports, delegate & monitor effectively.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with and/or designing systems to integrate with TSYS
- Experience working with campaign management systems, Smart Card Management System, Loyalty systems
- Experience with Financial/Banking security (encryption, PCI, etc.)
- Experience as a Sr. Developer
- Experience as a Sr. Systems Analyst
- Experience as a System/Solution Architect
- Experience with TOGAF
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.